Keystone Jetty Sunday March 27th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bring them passports

I'm going with Dustin... will be good to see everyone! :)

Love and kisses!

Be at the dive site no later than 9:00 to get 2 dives in with the slacks. It's about 90 min from the U.S. side of the border. We are planning to cross at Sumas right around 7. Actually from about 7:30 to 11:30 there is hardly any current at all. http://www.mobilegeographics.com:81/locations/45.html?y=2011&m=3&d=26 is the link to the current predictions. And only about a 1 foot exchange from 6:30 till 12:30. http://www.mobilegeographics.com:81/locations/46.html?y=2011&m=3&d=26 is the link for the tide predictions. See you there. If you didn't know there are cold and hot water(50 cents for 3 min) showers, washrooms, change rooms, and a coffee/snack shop too.

BradnerBoy:
You'll be diving alone if you go there. It's actually here
My bad, I was rounding off to the nearest named community.

I'm sorry I was not able to make this trip... So how was it? Anyone care to volunteer a trip report? :wink: As I battle through another cough/cold/congestion, I can only live my life vicariously through you guys!!

Hi Rob,

We arrived at the site just before 9 as planned. Windy and cold on the surface with about a 2 ft surf. 12 in total made the trip. A bit of a challenge with entry with the surf. I actualy dropped my mask putting my fins on but fortunately Claus found it for me. Viz was not very good due the the surf and surge. Surge wasn't noticable past about 25 ft depth. Only saw 1 octo on the first dive although Kyle said he saw 5. Jason spotted the large red irish lord. It was bigger than any of the ones we saw in Port Hardy. It's the one pictured on facebook. A few of the group decided to do the pilings for the second dive while Jason and I stuck with the jetty. I wasn't going to take the camera down on the second dive but changed my mind at the last minute and got a video of a huge GPO extending it's arm out to check me out. Lots of black rockfish schooling but not the aquarium like viz we have seen at Keystone in the past. Oh yeah some huge mother lings chillin in behind some of the rocks. All in all a good couple of dives and only had a little current at the end of the jetty on the second dive.

Back
Top Bottom