Keystone Jetty Sunday August 29th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StuartT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So a few of us are heading down to Whitby Island to dive at Keysone this Sunday. Slacks are at 8:45am, 2:53pm, and 8:11pm. Plan to arrive by 7:30am to get a dive in just before the first slack. Then we are going for lunch probably in Coupville then coming back for 1 or possibly 2 more dives arond the 2:53 slack. So far Dale, Vic, Michel and myself are going. Feel free to join us if you want.

Stuart

Last edited:
I'm in for the afternoon slack. What time should I be there by?

Should be in the water ready to descend 30-40 min before slack at 2:53 pm. So if you are there by 1:45 should give you 30 min to gear up etc.

Looks like Rob and I will be trying for two dives as well, but not until the afternoon. We're thinking the first one around noon, and then the second with you guys at the 2:00 slack. Any recommendations for avoiding current on the first dive? Just stay away from the end end of the jetty?

Looks like Rob and I will be trying for two dives as well, but not until the afternoon. We're thinking the first one around noon, and then the second with you guys at the 2:00 slack. Any recommendations for avoiding current on the first dive? Just stay away from the end end of the jetty?

Yeah, we crazy fools are going to risk our lives diving at noon with the strong ebb. If the current is indeed strong, our plan is to crawl back on the bottom by pulling ourselves on the rocks against the current. If we are still alive, we'll do a second dive with the main group at slack at 2:15. :cool2:

And we've changed our minds once again. The prospect of the long border waits has Rob and I looking northward to Tuwanek instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom