Key West Position

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They don't allow ugly in the Keys? I guess there is no law against ugly discrimination?

Next you will want huge TaTa's as a listed requirement for the job. That is not mentioned either.

I'm quite sure requesting a photo for this type of position is illegal. Feel free to be sued if you wish, but you are opening yourself up to all kinds of discrimination lawsuits if you don't interview someone who meets your very vague qualifications.

You are probably right. The whole OP is somewhat strange!

I wonder if it is this place?

Rainbow Reef Internship

If you would like to be considered for our Internship program, we need some information from you to see if you match up with our program. We strive to match goals, personalities, philosophies, time frames and many other factors in advance so that you will be successful in the program. After filling out the form below, please e-mail a picture or pictures of yourself to: internship@keysidc.com

I actually found this site a few weeks ago because I'm interested in a diving internship. Based on the site, the program sounds fantastic. I contacted them both via phone and email and never received a response. I thought the picture requirement was weird... (no I didn't send one).

Last edited:
In some foreign countries a passport size photograph usually accompanies a resume. Its the norm! I do not understand the need for it and yes it could serve as the basis for discrimination over factors the individual has no control over.

I think it is fairly common for a lot of jobs throughout the world to ask for a resume with photo. I am not saying this one went about it in the right way, but it's not uncommon.

I could understand that for a modeling/acting position. But for a dive instructor and shop worker?

come on... doesn't that sound creepy to you ?

I bet the guy sits outside kids playgrounds with a van with "Free Candy" written on the side of it.

Here in the states having a photo in your resume is a recipe for a 'lawsuit' but it's quite common and actually encouraged and demanded in most parts of the world, I know this from experience as I just finished a job in SE Asia where a photo was required. I'm not condoning any of this, but just saying this is the way it is!

Why do you keep posting that without any info. WTF

I don't see what the big deal is about giving this guy your photo..... here's mine :mooner:

Back
Top Bottom