Key West Dive Operators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krawdady

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good dive operation in Key West? I would like to stay away from having 20 divers on the boat but it looks like the options are limited. Ideally I would like to dive a wreck but it sounds like the Cayman Salvager is about the last one left if you want to get any depth at all. Are there any deep reefs that diver operators are going to? I'll be there for 3 days but I won't have the option of drving any futher north so I am limited to the Key West area. Any suggestions? Thanks for the feedback.

I dived with Sub Tropic last year. They were ok. Don't let the diving get in the way of the partying though.

Thanks for the reply. I was leaning towards sub tropic but I think their webstie said something about a 24 diver capacity so I wasn't sure if it would be a cattle boat situation or not. I will give it a shot thouhg. Thanks again.

I used to visit KW monthly when my in-laws had a home there. For a dive operator, we primarily used SouthPoint Divers. At the time, they were one of the better operators based out of KW. They had a fleet of fast new boats and would do several trips to the Cayman/Joe's Tug during the week. It's been around 6 years since the in-laws sold the house and moved out of the Keys. I haven't been back since (the diving is not all the great). I have no recent experience with them.

krawdady:
Thanks for the reply. I was leaning towards sub tropic but I think their webstie said something about a 24 diver capacity so I wasn't sure if it would be a cattle boat situation or not. I will give it a shot thouhg. Thanks again.

I went out on sub tropic. had a pretty good trip.

As for their boats, they've got 3 of them. so cattle problems shouldn't be an issue. one of them is a snorkle boat, the other they do a reef+reef dive (shallow) and the 3rd they do a wreck+reef dive. You choose your trip and they put you on the boat for that trip.

I think you can see pics of their boats on their website.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom