Trip Report Key Largo with Quienscence Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not bothering with the (scuba) dive industry any more. So no worries about keeping up. In fact, I'm leaving SB. Edit: I knew RR bought OD. I meant at the time.
This is the hotel California.

Yes, you can leave Facebook (and I see you did)

... balk at someone showing up with doubles? I'm guessing they may think the doubles are intended to allow really extended dive times and/or deco. diving.
Dated...but I dove with Q 3 yrs ago. I had just done a set of morning dives in Pompano bug hunting and then drove down to dive with Q in largo for 2 days. I have LP121's commonly called 'water heaters' cause when really full that single tank holds 2 aluminum 80's. Way before hand I knew the shop's policies and I was diving with them for the next 2 days. So the look on their face when I dropped my labeled tanks for fills was almost priceless. We were diving the Grove the next morning and found both my tanks at 2200. I knew before hand and they could have easily denied me fills and put me on AL80's like other shops. I still came up with plenty of air and I didn't bitch cause I knew in advance what to expect from all the reports. If a person really wanted to get around the cubic foot problem they could just rent a large pony. It's also why I love ScubaBoard so you can read trip reports and if that dive operator doesn't fit your vacation plans then there are plenty of other places within an earshot. I really enjoyed diving with Q and our group plus the captain had a great time.

What sizes were offered? I couldn't tell what adding tanks costs from their website.
I used my tanks. I believe they used 80 steel tanks. You might want to call them and ask.

Glad you had a good trip! Quiescence Diving Services of Key Largo is often mentioned on the forum as a reputable option for divers seeking a '6-pack' boat, albeit they don't provide a no-added-cost dive guide as part of the standard service. Looking at their FAQ, it states:

"Do you have trip minimums?
We have no trip minimums, however we will not allow divers to dive alone. Therefore, a single diver will need to hire a private guide."
In the Keys no guide is needed unless you are a totally new diver. So easy to navigate. Yes, you need at least two divers. Personally I would not pay $449 plus a guide. As with my recent dive with them, I will collect 4 buddies to dive with me and split the cost. Already planning.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom