Key Largo Trip Report (part 2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVDiver:
Look at my profile and find the photo section and click on gallery or when you read this post click "view gallery" down below my avatar in the stats box.

We were told that bruiser weights in at around 300 pounds. I think the biggest and best cuda pics probably came from The City of Washington wreck also.

Just so you don't think I'm a total idiot, I've been using Firefox, and the view gallery and stats boxes do not even appear. Tried it with IE and they showed up. Nice pics!

Jack, next time you go back to Key Largo for the Spiegel Grove and the Duane, try diving with Rainbow Reef. They are at the same location right in front of the Ramada Inn at mile marker 100. A good operator, I dive with them a couple time a month.
Take care,
Patrick

Taupiz:
...diving with Rainbow Reef. They are at the same location right in front of the Ramada Inn at mile marker 100. A good operator, I dive with them a couple times a month...

We are headed down from Miami on the 24th. Diving with Rainbow Reef for sure Wed, Thur, Fri (am). Staying at the Holiday Inn. Any idea on how long it will take us from the airport?

Any tips for food or fun on the dry side of the trip? If you make it down, say "hi".

yak:
Just so you don't think I'm a total idiot, I've been using Firefox, and the view gallery and stats boxes do not even appear. Tried it with IE and they showed up. Nice pics!

I have always used Firefox and the screens look the same on my home PC as it does on other computers??????

Can't imagine what your problem could be. I'm really not that big of a computer wiz so I wouldn't even venture a guess. When it comes to computers I'm more of a "Whiz" than a Wizard. :bogey:

Puck, from Miami airport, count on about an hour to get there, maybe 1h15, no more than that. As for good food, you have to try the "Fish House" at mile marker 102 as well as Hobo's Cafe at mile marker 104. These are the best two places I know in Key Largo.
I would love to come down but since I work during the week, I always dive on the weekend. Have fun.

Puck:
We are headed down from Miami on the 24th. Diving with Rainbow Reef for sure Wed, Thur, Fri (am). Staying at the Holiday Inn. Any idea on how long it will take us from the airport?

Any tips for food or fun on the dry side of the trip? If you make it down, say "hi".

Taupiz:
Puck, from Miami airport, count on about an hour to get there, maybe 1h15, no more than that. As for good food, you have to try the "Fish House" at mile marker 102 as well as Hobo's Cafe at mile marker 104. These are the best two places I know in Key Largo.
I would love to come down but since I work during the week, I always dive on the weekend. Have fun.

Ditto the Fish House, but also try Sundowners. Hobos was great for lunch (fish sandwich) and happy hour. If you're staying at the Holiday Inn, ya gotta do some goombay smashes at the tiki hut by the pool! Also ALWAYS order the yellowtail snapper special!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom