Key Largo trip report + dive charter reviews + videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I remember you guys! bummer we didnt get to take you out, hopefully next time. Hope the tooth issue was no big deal.

Great Video! Thanks for sharing!

Two weeks until we set out for Key Largo! It is going to be a looooooong drive, but I can't wait!

This will be my first diving in the last 15 years.. Can't think of a better place to get back into it!

The countdown is on! Just checked your location and yeeeeeep.....that's gonna be a long haul! But it will be worth it! Can't think of a better place to get comfortable in the water again (hope you're doing a refresher!)

Great trip report. Thanks for the info and the videos. I'll have to give scuba-do a try next time I am down in KL.

Thanks, and you're welcome, and I'm sure you'll have a good time with Scuba-Do if you do.

Nice report! I like that it includes more then just the diving part of the trip.

I get a bit wordy online at times :) Stay tuned, as there will be more trip reports coming up over the next year. I got the Diving Guide To Underwater Florida and have a BUNCH of places I want to go. If it wasn't for work, we'd probably be diving every weekend.

I remember you guys! bummer we didnt get to take you out, hopefully next time. Hope the tooth issue was no big deal.

We were bummed too, and I felt terrible cancelling on you so late, so I'm glad we had signal out on the reef, called you as soon as we aborted that second dive. I was looking forward to going out with you guys as a last hurrah for the trip. Oh, and the pressure eased off, took him to the dentist when we got back home, and no cavities, no worries. The doc said it's likely just his sinuses under pressure, and the pain manifesting in the tooth. He was stuffed up for a few days before we headed down, took sudafed before each boat ride EXCEPT that afternoon.

To make up for it, we'll make your shop our first dive on the next trip! Which won't be soon enough, but as soon as possible.

The countdown is on! Just checked your location and yeeeeeep.....that's gonna be a long haul! But it will be worth it! Can't think of a better place to get comfortable in the water again (hope you're doing a refresher!)

Yep! I did a refresher a few weeks ago. Amazingly, I recalled all of my proceedures like I never stopped diving! The instructor I worked with was great. It was a one-on-one refresher. He gave me about 20 minutes in the pool by myself to get reaquainted with it, then spent the next 20-30 minutes drilling, then we spent the next 20 or so working on bouyancy skills.

And also amazingly enough, I only had to do a few dive table questions to completely remember how to do it. Now I'm fluent with it again! Although, I see things have been automated with the eRDPML (?) since I was last involved with diving... I saw the questions about it in the refresher book, and was like :confused:... what is that? Looked it up and felt old and out of date.. lol

We are going to drive from here to Atlanta and stay the night and see some friends, then straight to KL from there the next day. It is a long drive, and we are going to have two 5 year olds with us! Luckilly they travel well.

Holy...yeah, wow, that drive from Atlanta will be brutal. That's a full day. And with five year olds...you are a braver man than me, sir.

Drive careful, and enjoy! I bet the trip report will be something...."hour 8 of driving, considering jumping out while going full speed down the highway" :wink:

Lol... I told my daughter yesterday that if she and her friend start asking "when are we going to be there", that I was going to tie their carseats to the roof rack, and they would get bugs stuck in their teeth.

It backfired... she said that would be fun... :blinking:

I'm thinking of buying a digital timer that I can set to count down from 12 hours and hanging it on the back of the seat... that way they can see how "close" we are getting. And if they ask, I can just say "You tell me?". Or, I can turn their game around on them and ask THEM when we are going to get there..!

She does travel really well though. She handles the 5 hour drive to my Dad's house very well... Most of the time she spends just looking out the window, or looking at books. Now two of them together, and more than double the time may prove to tell a different story.

We just finishd a trip with Silent World last weekend. A total of 6 of us in the boat. Was a nice trip, water a little rougher than I would prefer, felt a little green while on the boat. However, we did witness a "creature feature" from another dive shop. Interesting to watch from a distance. Which was a shop taking folks out for a dive that involved having everyone at the bottom watching as the guide feeds and handles the creatures. Goliath Grouper, Nurse Shark and eel. The one thing that really sticks out is the man crawling the bottom swim right past us looking for the eel. We did Mike's wreck and City of Washington.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom