Key Largo Silent World vs Ocean Divers (or other)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chester

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am scheduled for a trip next weekend with Silent Divers.. I reserved the 3 trip (6 dive) package for $150 (which I thought was a really good price) and a room at the Best Western for $109. I was pretty satisfied until someone recommended either Ocean Divers or Blue Waters to me this morning.

Is it even worth considering changing my reservations at this point or should I just stick with Silent World? I've never dove in Key Largo (much less with any of these shops) so I'm just looking for general advice and/or recommendations.

Thanks in advance... can't wait to get wet!

silent world has a good reputation in key largo along with blue water divers and island ventures. stay away from ocean divers unless you like crowds(25+divers),,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

You should dive with H2O - Horizion Divers Joe Dowda Owner. He is the best. Silent Divers, blah!!! You can still stay at the Best Western or stay at the Holiday Inn. Call Horizion Divers (H20). He is the very BEST five stars all the way.

Not to tell anyone to "undo" reservations with anyone, but I just got back from Key Largo this last Monday, and was really pleased with Quiescence. Captain Steve, and Jeanine at the desk. Six pack boats. Very nice people.

Tom

I dove with Horizon Divers and wasnt really all that impressed. They took us to The Pillars dive site which didnt seem like a big deal to me and when the dive started (I was first in the water), I found a wieght with Horizon Divers on it. Makes me wonder if they just go to the same sites all the time...I'll assume not, but it was just odd...

Oh yeah, it's not that Horizon was bad..it's just they weren't above and beyond...which is what I hear about them.

i have dove with boat outfits and say they are both good, granted od is bigger but i never felt crowded and enjoyed the service.
i would also recommend hms minnow and conch republic divers

I dove with Silent world at the beginning of January and they were great. I wouldn't second guess yourself and switch reservations. Their boats are small and not crowded and the crew is very helpful and nice. Their boats are also located on the opposite side of the Keys as most which lets them go further away. (Since they don't have to go through the bay and low speed areas.)

Miranda

I go with Silent World all the time! I'm on the second one of their 5 dive packages. It's a bit chilly for my at the moment, but as soon as the weather gets warm again, I'm going straight back.

I have used Silent World twice and thought they were great. You can't beat their prices either.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom