Key Largo Reef Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KeyLargoBrent

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Yesterday, the Key Largo Princess (glass bottom boat) went out to Molasses Reef and reported 3-5' seas, with an occassional six footer, and 50' of visibility. Most of the local dive boats have been lashed to the dock since August, and will resume normal operations today.

Seas are finally laying down, and we're looking forward to a weekend of good diving (1-2' seas expected at the reef). Anyone in need of underwater amusement prior to Jeanne's arrival is encouraged to COME ON DOWN to the Keys this weekend!

Thanks for the update Brent......

baitedstorm:
Thanks for the update Brent......
I expect that most of us are anxious to get back out/down there, and curious to know what's going on at the reef. Yesterday (Thu 9/16) we had 50' of visibility at Molasses, with 2-3' subsiding seas. This weekend is certainly shaping up nicely. Let's get out there and go diving!

Agreed I am looking at the ocean as I type this. Picture perfect day with calm seas. Heading out in 30 min to dive the spiegel then to the bibb hopefully the vis is better then last week.
Cheers,
John

Stealth Turbo:
Well I made it to the spiegel and could not believe the vis had to be aproaching 100ft with no current.

:drooling:

Fortunately, I think Jeanne is losing interest in the confrontation. As much as y'all have been thru, she must apprecaite how unhospitable you'd be. We did find oput what your problem was, though...

KeyLargoBrent:
Yesterday, the Key Largo Princess (glass bottom boat) went out to Molasses Reef and reported 3-5' seas, with an occassional six footer, and 50' of visibility. Most of the local dive boats have been lashed to the dock since August, and will resume normal operations today.

Seas are finally laying down, and we're looking forward to a weekend of good diving (1-2' seas expected at the reef). Anyone in need of underwater amusement prior to Jeanne's arrival is encouraged to COME ON DOWN to the Keys this weekend!

Thanks for the report, as we are either heading down to the Keys this weekend or the west coast, if you could do the key's , id prefer that right now after Ivan. Any more reports during the week let us know, as we will be leaving this Thursday to Sunday and plan on hitting most dive site's in Key Largo area. Thanks!

KeyLargoBrent:
no seas... 84 degree water temp... 40' of visibility at French Reef... 60' at Molasses Reef. Life at the reef has returned to normal... too bad we can't say the same for life in the rest of Florida!

Thanks Brent, we are booking for the Key's this weekend we decided, going down with another boat as well, and a bunch of people. We plan on Diving the Spegial, and Dwan, as well as the Bibb, on doubles as well :wink: Can't wait, i'll be also diving the shallower reefs so my wife can dive, and we can off gas, she's going to do the Benwood for the first time, she should love it, thanks for the report, well see ya on the waters this weekend!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom