Key Largo in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3mm at most. I see lots of folks wearing dive skins or just a swimsuit that time of year. Water will probably be 83-85F, could be a bit warmer as it was last year. Hope you enjoy your time here.

We tend to get jellyfish on/near the surface that time of the year so some exposure protection is recommended, like a skin. The water temp is around 86deg. or so, and a rash guard and shorts should be fine (until a jelly gets you in the thigh :shocked2:).

Swim trunks and a T-shirt.

I did 10 dives with Conch Republich in late August 2011 and was about the only one wearing a 3MM on the boat. Most people wore swim suits, skins or 1MM.... even on the deeper sites like the Duane. I get cold easily so a 3MM was perfect for me. Water temps were in the low 80's for most of the dives... maybe 78 or 79 degrees on the Duane.

Is there a good place to buy skins or 1mm near ft lauderdale. My wife got stung by a jellyfish at John Pennekamp about 8 months and she still itches her skin. She is allergic to everything though . I got stung in the face. They doused us in vinegar on the boat.

Is there a good place to buy skins or 1mm near ft lauderdale. My wife got stung by a jellyfish at John Pennekamp about 8 months and she still itches her skin. She is allergic to everything though . I got stung in the face. They doused us in vinegar on the boat.

Diver's Direct has good prices on their Evo brand of wetsuits. I also buy gear at Force-E (usually the WPB location, but I am sure the Pompano location carries the same gear).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom