Key Largo dive shops (Other than Conch Republic)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EBT we will put a night dive on the schedule for the 18th and see if we can build it.we have several groups in that week so the chances are very high.
Here is the direct link to book that dive or just give us a call at the dive shop.....Sept 18th Night Dive

Good Diving
Capt Gary

Last edited:
Christ of the Abyss is worth diving once, just to say you did it..... The sculpture itself is intersting enough but after 5 minutes you've seen it. It's been a few years since I dove it but last time I did, the reef in that area was pretty beat up because so many new divers go there and destroy the sea fans and sponges with errant fin strokes. I'll never dive it again, but was glad I did in the past.

That was my assumption also, but during the 2nd Annual Cajun Invasion in June, I changed my mind. Rainbow Reef's Tropical Odyssey was moored at a different buoy this time - we were on the opposite side of the Christ statue...behind his back. It was a pretty good swim from the boat to the statue, but we found so many cool things to look at along the way. We saw some interesting fish life as well as a nudibranch we couldn't identify at the time. There was a HUGE bait ball hanging around RIGHT under the mooring ball that attracted some interesting critters who were a little hungry. Just as we were ready to climb up the ladder into the boat, a spotted eagle ray came swooping in for a bite of bait - right in front of me! Just one of those "you had to be there" moments :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom