Key Largo Dive Shop Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 for Quiessence. Diving with them again in June. The boat ride is not bad, not sure how long, but it has never seemed annoying to me. They are my wife's favorite because they practically do everything but dive for you :). They are very helpful with your gear and move it back and forth from the back of the boat so you do not have to move around the boat with your gear on. My wife is a new diver, so this was really nice for her

Rent a boat for 300/day. They'll hook you up with a very good GPS and Maps and you can go hit many many dives for less than what it costs to charter all day.

Horizon Divers and Conch Republic have a six pack boat in addition to their larger boats. I also believe that the SS Minnow (Blue Water Divers), Key Largo Dive Center, Rainbow Reef and Amoray Dive Center all have them as well. It's just hard to go wrong here in the Keys. We have more dive ops than gas stations.

And it shows in the gas prices :)

Another +1 for Quiessence. You'll love them. They go to several "private" dive sites, when I emailed them to get the GPS grids for them, they politely declined. They have great Captains, very knowledgeable about the area, and provide excellent service.

There's no transom gate on their boats, so you get in by setting up your unit, and sitting on the transom and swing over it to the dive platform. The Captain brings your unit to you, and when you return, the Captain takes your unit from you, and by the time you've made it back to your seat, he's swapped your gear to your next tank for you! That's service!

Don't worry about the ride out. All the Key Largo operations leave from one of two creeks, North or South Sound Creeks. To get there, the "Gulfside" boats go through a cut, and enter the Sound. It adds maybe 5 minutes to the trip. Not bad at all.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom