Key Largo Dive Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I personally like Amoray Divers. They have a larger boat that takes large groups and a small boat that takes up six to the Duane, the Bibb and the Spiegle Grove. They are very professional and friendly.

I got to dive the Bibb & the Duane with Island Ventures last Saturday. Fantastic Diving! A bit of a current, topped out at 1 knot. There is plenty of structure to hide behind to get out of the current on both wrecks, although we were kites on the saftey stop. Brian did a great job of rigging a "wreck line" from the upline to tag line that made getting to and from the upline a piece of cake. There is a lot of discussion on what quals it takes to dive these wrecks. There are days when an OW cert is good enough however, the conditions can go from calm to challenging for even the most experienced AOW diver during the dive.
Cheers!

iflyprops:
I will be in Key Largo the first week of August and am looking for a good boat to go diving with. I would rather not dive on a cattleboat but do not want to pay exorbent prices either... I am especially looking for one who will do the Speigel, Duane/Bibb etc.

I have been told that Quiessence is the best for "real" divers. I Was in key Largo all last week and dove with OceanDivers. They were really great, the Captains gave great briefings on the sites, the Dive Masters / crew were very helpful... top notch operation. Although they are "cattle boats," it wasn't crowded at all on the morning trips during the week. If we had a request, the Captains took us there (including the Benwood), conditions permiting of coarse :confined: They also have regular schedules to the Grove and Duane.
And just below their shop at Hyperbarics Int'l you may even get to meet a little old man :doctor: smoking a big cuban cigar named Dick Rutkowski, you may have heard of him. :eyebrow:

I want to second the recommendation for Horizon Divers. We have used them on multiple occasions in the past. Great people. Their boat is unusual, but real nice for diving. It is a large boat, but plenty of room. They also set us up with a real nice rate at the Ramada about 150 yards away on one trip.

We will definitely use them again, and most definitely recommend them. What more could you ask?

Wristshot

iflyprops:
I will be in Key Largo the first week of August and am looking for a good boat to go diving with. I would rather not dive on a cattleboat but do not want to pay exorbent prices either... I am especially looking for one who will do the Speigel, Duane/Bibb etc.

Thanks!!

(I tried a search but the function wasn't cooperating.)

Try Ocean Divers they are great and they have a great dive boat also give them a call they do deep dives on tuesday and thursday

I was there just a little over a week ago and from the recommendation from the SB divers we used DiversCity. They were great. Nice boat and crew. Between 6 -10 divers onboard.

A Dive Op you may want to stay away from was Amoray Divers. Hugh Cattle boat that will completely take over any dive site. We actually left a site prior to diving because they came.

CB

I only dive with Barbara and Kip. They have steel tanks for rent too. She will go anywhere including the SG and Eagle. Lokk for the shop at MM90.5

I dove out of Amy Slate's Amoray Dive Resort two weeks ago. http://www.amoray.com/ It was great. I went down with a group from USF to do my AOW dives. We had our own instructors from up here in Tampa with us.

We went out on the big boat with Cpt. Bob. Excellent staff and a nice boat to boot. As previously mentioned, they do have a small boat as well I believe. Our group alone was about 24 large, so we needed the larger boat. We dove the Benwood, Duane, two sections of Mollasses Reef, and French Reef. I'm not sure what their rates are exactly, because I think we had a group rate for our class.

That was my first Key Largo dive, but it was top notch for sure.

Sounds like you have plenty of quality options to choose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom