Key Largo dive op ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wristshot:
2) According to their website, the Dual Porpoise is now under new management as of November 2004.
Wristshot

For what it's worth, Horizon just changed owner's as well.

Also if anyone's interested Brian's place (Island Ventures) is for sale. Two boats & shop.

Wristshot:
Deepstops,

1) Thanks for the information, and thanks for answering the question. I have used Horizon a couple times in the past, but I have also considered trying a smaller op. This may be very useful.

2) According to their website, the Dual Porpoise is now under new management as of November 2004.

3) The link you provided for diveinflkeys does not work for me. The problem could be on my end.

Thanks,

Wristshot
Steve Schalk (Dual Porpoise) finally hung up his hat. He recently turned Dual Porpoise over to Scott Fowler, formerly of Amy Slates Amoray Dive Resort & NOAA.

**** HiJack Alert ****

Harley Diver,

Thanks for the info. I was not aware that Horizon Divers had changed hands. I will be interested to see if anything changes with new owners.

Wristshot

Wristshot:
**** HiJack Alert ****

Harley Diver,

Thanks for the info. I was not aware that Horizon Divers had changed hands. I will be interested to see if anything changes with new owners.

Wristshot

I can't comment on the old owners' policies, but last weekend, they put us on a 2 tank afternoon dive that made 3 dive stops - without telling us! We found out from the captain (who is not pleased with the policy and said we're not the first ones to find out on the boat).

Tom Winters:
Ouch - their site was working two weeks ago.

I sent some email to DiveIn (unrelated subject) and they answered. Maybe it's just their website. I'll call them tomorrow.
It seems like there's a lot of turn over down there right now :06:

I didn't know Steve Schalk sold. I went to high school with him.

scubaguy1889:
Hello, My wife and I dove Key Largo last year and had a great time with horizon divers. This year however, we'd like to try a smaller, more personal operator in key Largo. We will be staying at the Marriott beach resort so an operator close to that property would be a plus. Also, does anyone have any input on "it's a dive", dive operator? They are located right behind the Marriott. I appreciate any info you all might have. Thanks

My name is Bruce and my partners and I will be closing on Island Ventures dive operation on 7/1/05. We are right next store to the Marriott (MM 103.9) in the Sundowner restaurant area. We will operate two 14 (max) passenger boats (island hopper and burpey) and cater to those that do not want to do the "cattle car" operators. It's a dive operates a cat similar to horizon and also offers a 6-pack boat. We would love to host your dive trip. You can contact us at our web site: www.islandventure.com or call Brian at 305.451.4957. He has owned Island Venture for 5 years and is selling it to us so that he can move to North Carolina.

http://www.amoray.com/

Amy's is a great place with a great 6 pack. Sorry I'm not sure where they are from the Marriott but they are a super good bunch and a great time will be had.

bsamulin:
My name is Bruce and my partners and I will be closing on Island Ventures dive operation on 7/1/05. We are right next store to the Marriott (MM 103.9) in the Sundowner restaurant area. We will operate two 14 (max) passenger boats (island hopper and burpey) and cater to those that do not want to do the "cattle car" operators. It's a dive operates a cat similar to horizon and also offers a 6-pack boat. We would love to host your dive trip. You can contact us at our web site: www.islandventure.com or call Brian at 305.451.4957. He has owned Island Venture for 5 years and is selling it to us so that he can move to North Carolina.

Welcome to scubaboard & good luck in your new venure, Bruce! Island Ventures has always been my favorite dive op in the Keys- Brian's a great captain & the motto says it all. Here's hoping that you are as successful as he is with Island Ventures. I'll look forward to diving with you sometime.

http://www.diverscityusa.com/

At MM90. In Tavinier. If you are into real diving, Barbara will take you there. Small boat and excellent service. She also has steel 85's for those who need steel tanks. Nitrox and other mixes as well. Shes does all the wrecks including the SG.

Tell her I sent you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom