Key Largo dive op ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaguy1889

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, My wife and I dove Key Largo last year and had a great time with horizon divers. This year however, we'd like to try a smaller, more personal operator in key Largo. We will be staying at the Marriott beach resort so an operator close to that property would be a plus. Also, does anyone have any input on "it's a dive", dive operator? They are located right behind the Marriott. I appreciate any info you all might have. Thanks

I've used Jeff Jarvis on the HMS Minnow for a couple of trips. Six pack boat. We've been very happy with him. First person to book chooses wreck or reef dive, he will do back on the Grove or Bibb/Duane if everyone agrees. He leaves about thirty minutes before most the other operators getting you to the sites first. Right behind Holiday Inn and will get you a discount there unless you can't get out of your other room booking. Oh yeah, he'll go out for two or more divers.

This past weekend we headed down to Key Largo for a fun filled 3 day weekend and we used It's a Dive. They have a fairly large staff and are extremely helpful. The seas were 3 -5 so the boat wasnt crowded and the captain let us choose every dive we went on. Very enjoyable. :crafty:

I like Blue Water Divers best. Larger boat than the 6-packs, but never more than 10.
Great Captain & crew. First one to book a trip can call the dive site. Check them out.
http://www.bluewaterdiver.net/

scubaguy1889:
We will be staying at the Marriott beach resort so an operator close to that property would be a plus. Also, does anyone have any input on "it's a dive", dive operator? They are located right behind the Marriott. I appreciate any info you all might have. Thanks

If your staying at the Marriott - bring lots of $$$! That's the most expensive place to stay in Key Largo / Tavanier area. It's definately a very nice place to stay, but it's also about twice as expensive as the dive overnighters that I use down there. So, why worry about saving a dollar or two on a dive boat - they all go to the same place anyway. You might as well use It's-A-Dive and save the car ride to someplace else. Again, bring lot's of $$$$!!

My preference for the past many years is to use Conch Republic in Tavanier [ just south of Tourist Trap Key Largo - but goes to the same dive locs ] and let them get me a place suitable to the number of people going down.

Deepstops,

1) Thanks for the information, and thanks for answering the question. I have used Horizon a couple times in the past, but I have also considered trying a smaller op. This may be very useful.

2) According to their website, the Dual Porpoise is now under new management as of November 2004.

3) The link you provided for diveinflkeys does not work for me. The problem could be on my end.

Thanks,

Wristshot

Not just you - the diveinflkeys link did not work for me either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom