Key Largo DAY 5 WITH Ocean Divers, pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
our luck ran out somewhat this morning as unexpected storms and blustery winds raked the upper keys early. winds subsided and just overcast skies with occasional sunshine as we cancelled our plans for the far north and elected to remain close; SNAPPER LEDGE on our 1st cylinder: <1FT seas, gentle NW winds, dusty blue water, respectable viz 50FT(low light levels), zero current, water 82F @ 20-30FT. numerous spotted/goldentail/green moray eels, and the usual suspects in abundance. repositioned north in search of blue water and found it @ MOLASSES REEF(fire coral caves/permit ledge buoy M3). we had the reef tract to ourselves: once again seas <1ft, viz 50+FT(a bit more light/sun), no current, 82-83F @ 20-30FT. splendid conditions underwater, real fishy with approachable goliath/Nassau/red and black groupers everywhere(numerous cleaning stations). common theme amongst most participants this week; observing significantly higher densities of fish life in the upper keys than most destinations they've dove in the Caribbean! tomorrow, the final day of the digital master class and a venture north to the elbow(city of Washington). pics provided by Stephen Frink,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• Frink_KeyLargo_869-Edit.jpg
    Frink_KeyLargo_869-Edit.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Frink_KeyLargo_889.jpg
    Frink_KeyLargo_889.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Frink_KeyLargo_766.jpg
    Frink_KeyLargo_766.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 71
  • Frink_KeyLargo_825.jpg
    Frink_KeyLargo_825.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Frink_KeyLargo_770.jpg
    Frink_KeyLargo_770.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Frink_KeyLargo_750.jpg
    Frink_KeyLargo_750.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous picture of the Trumpetfish! Mr Frink is a fine photographer. Thanks for posting

photo captured @ snapper ledge. posting todays pics later. a real nice guy as well,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

I really like the macro shots, plus the color jumps out.

i have to agree, Snapper's is my favorite site in KL. We have dove in the Caymans 3x, and the reefs are nowhere near as vibrant or full of life as Molasses. I can't wait to see pic's from the City of Washington, I have only dove it once but it was a great site.

mike

We were trying SO HARD to get there for some of that Chamber of Commerce weather you've been experiencing! We've made it as far as Orlando...hopefully things will get better. I'm ready to check out some of that fish life :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom