Kenting diving!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhatD1ver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thanks to C&T Diving in Kenting!!! I went to Taiwan on a short business trip a week ago, I was going to fly in on Sunday night for Monday meetings, but decided to go on Friday and trip down to Kenting on the south end of Taiwan (that's the end that points toward the Philippines folks)... I had lived in Hengchun/Kenting for 7 months 34 years ago, and been back a couple times just to chillax...

This time I was certified and planned on diving, so from a SB buddy I got a lead and called C&T Diving (Carrie and Tony)... they hooked me up with a little hostel, picked me up Saturday morning, and then led me on a great shore dive before we jumped a boat dive in the afternoon. Vis was very nice, the dive sites were wonderful, I especially like Independence Rock, and want to go back and hopefully hit it when the tides are a little more favorable and I am carrying just a little more gas...

All in all though, Kenting is another nice location with plenty of fun stuff to see and keep you busy for a few days.

And, I guess if you don't speak any Chinese, I should point you to Andy Gray, he's got a handle on the diving scene in Kenting as well.

PhatD1ver - Good to hear Kenitng remains as it used to when I managed to get to dive there every couple of months, and Indpendence Rock, yep great dive.

I have known Andy Gray and also have known Carrie and Tony for years, and would recommend all three of them to anyone looking for a guide or an instructor. (To clarify PhatD1ver's post: Carrie and Tony both speak excellent English, by the way, as does Andy).

Other than those folks, there are not a whole lot of other English-speaking dive professionals in Kenting I would recommend. . . a few, but not very many.

PhatD1ver, my Chinese isn't any good but I am curious why you called 獨立礁 "Independence Rock" instead of "Independent Rock." I always thought it was "independent" because it's off by itself with no other reefs around.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom