Keeping things safe in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best part of Bonaire is NO cell phone.. Or any phone for that matter...

Jim....

I leave my cell in the room safe as well, but have wondered what people do when they have a problem with the truck??? Been a couple of threads recently where folks have called for service for a flat. Exactly how??? I think about that diving far south or even driving around to the east side. Sit around and try to flag down a local? Thats really the only concern I have had leaving everything behind in the room.

Just in case no one has mentioned this yet...leave the cell phone in your room. :dork2:

Sorry I couldn't resist.

If you must have a phone, get a $10 GSM basic phone and a local SIM and hide it in the car somewhere. They are small enough that you can be creative. Don't wait until you get to the site to hide it though.

I leave my cell in the room safe as well, but have wondered what people do when they have a problem with the truck??? Been a couple of threads recently where folks have called for service for a flat. Exactly how??? I think about that diving far south or even driving around to the east side. Sit around and try to flag down a local? Thats really the only concern I have had leaving everything behind in the room.

Flat tires are probably the most common truck issue. Carry a tire inflator with you. The dive shops have them for about $15.
Tire Inflator "Standard Model"

Reactions: mbs

This is why you check the spare and the jack before taking the car.

PS - wherever you are, plenty of divers will come by. Worst case, ask someone to stop by your rental agency office with a note. You can always go diving while you're waiting for service to arrive. (Reason #27 to always have a dozen tanks in the truck at all times.)

TrukBed.jpg

Reactions: mbs
This is why you check the spare and the jack before taking the car.

PS - wherever you are, plenty of divers will come by. Worst case, ask someone to stop by your rental agency office with a note. You can always go diving while you're waiting for service to arrive. (Reason #27 to always have a dozen tanks in the truck at all times.)

I believe I read a comment that the bogus tire iron was not able to remove the lugs... So I suppose you could go around and verify that you could remove all 4 tires and the spare, but I think the rental agency would throw u out :wink: Also I recall taking a drive south from Vista Blue around to Lac Bay. Not a lot of divers or other traffic out that way! But I guess not much cell coverage either? Not something I'll lose any sleep over, just curious if anyone ran into that problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom