Keeping her warm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always put the legs of the pants into my socks and tuck the shirt tail into the pants, that helps a lot. I put my farmer john on inside out and roll it up my legs instead of pulling it up to keep from moving the long johns. Donning the jacket is a little more challenging but if you keep a good grip on the long john sleeve as you put your arm through you don't end up with too many wrinkles under the suit.

When it's really cold I put the dive skin in the photo on over the duofold but I find that I'm warmer on the surface interval if I pull that down and put on a sweatshirt. I don't take the wet duofold off, I've found that I'm warmer leaving it on and covering it up for my surface interval, I never take my wetsuit completely off either.

Wearing a hat during my SI helps keep me nice and toasty.

I wore that on a dive with 51 degree water and 45 degree air temp. and was comfy, not bad for a skinny girl!

Thanks! I had to have hubby take the photo because one of my co-workers asked if I'd be getting dressed up on my vacation--on a liveaboard?? He evidently thought it was like a cruise ship where you get a formal dinner :D
Ber :bunny:

PATCo makes underwater personal heaters for wet and dry suits. Dry suits are great but people still get cold in them. You can go to their web site www.patcoinc.com to see for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom