Keep you mask clean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fookisan

Reaction score
Was talking with a diver over the weekend and she had terrible fog problem with mask. When I inspected it I saw it had greasy film on inside lens. Told her that her problem was mainly due to her not washing it with soap periodically. The buildup inside the mask facilitates fogging. Don't forget to wash out mask with soap every few dives to help with the fogging issue - makes a world of difference.

Dan

I find that normal bar type hand soap leaves its own film.

Non-gel toothpaste is what I use for extra heavy duty cleaning.

Normal cleaning is just the 50/50 mixture of rubbing (isopropyl) alchohol and baby shampoo that I use for defog. This mixture does a good job of removing the stray bits of silicone grease that I use to help seal around my beard and moustache.

Liquid dishwashing soap is another common cleaner that works well.

fookisan:
Was talking with a diver over the weekend and she had terrible fog problem with mask. When I inspected it I saw it had greasy film on inside lens. Told her that her problem was mainly due to her not washing it with soap periodically. The buildup inside the mask facilitates fogging. Don't forget to wash out mask with soap every few dives to help with the fogging issue - makes a world of difference.

Dan

There's been a similar thread on this before. Some useful discussions on it too.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=96964&page=1&pp=10&highlight=fogging

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom