Kayak for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Faris427

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all, I live in Gainesville, FL, and would like to buy a kayak to be used for diving. This will be the first kayak I have owned, so if it came with paddle etc, that would be best. I am willing to drive a few hours out if the price is right for pickup. Also, since I am currently enrolled in vet school, I do not have endless funds to buy a new kayak, so used is also what I will be looking for. I am 5'11" 185 pounds, so I do not need anything in the big boy boat range, but it does have to be a sit-on-top style. I have read a lot of information, and something along the lines of the Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT or the likes (not sure since I am new if the Scupper Pro TW would be too unstable for me). Of course any personal suggestions or affadavits would be great. I do not know if something like the Sevylor XK2020 or ST5696 would be a good option either (though ebay has them the latter for a not bad price). I am looking to spend (again being living on student loans) around $200 - $250.

Thanks all,
Jeremy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom