Kayak Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My dad jsut brought home a sit on top yak for him to go fishing off of. I wonder what sort of bride I would have to give him to be able to borrow it to do some diving?

Diving off of a Kayak rocks. You can hit multiple cool shallow dive spots on one dive. You don’t waste energy and time getting to your spot. It turns a beach dive into a boat dive. But, be sure you have enough line and a good anchor. Stay pretty close to your Kayak. Really make sure your gear is snugged down when doing a surf exit. I’ve been hit on the back of my head by my tank valve. Ouch!

There's a team of triathaletes who train at Twin Lakes. Their coach follows them from one end of the lake to the other in a kayak.

Lukiedukie:
I wonder what sort of bride I would have to give him to be able to borrow it to do some diving?

Lukie, if you really have to give him a briDe, make sure she's rich, young, and quiet, that'll probably do the trick. But if you meant briBe, a rich young quiet bride oughta do it...

;o)

Foo

Kayak diving is really cool! It was one of our electives in Greg Gebhardt's advanced class.

Now that I'm a NAUI Instructor, I also teach Kayak diving in advanced class, as I think it's one of the most useful electives you can do. It's very fun! Even in Lake Travis. :D

040912Advanced_050.jpg

Detonate:
Kayak diving is really cool! It was one of our electives in Greg Gebhardt's advanced class.

Thanks for the reply,,,,,would like to follow-up with you on a bit more info. regarding your 'class' on kayak diving, this sounds like something I would love to give a try at. If you get a minute please PM me with a way to get hold of you here in Arlington and a bit about your class protocol....look forward to hearing back. Alan

Back
Top Bottom