Kayak diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds good, just let me know and we'll work in a course. You'll love it! Kaz, I'm a Cobra dealer and that is a great boat. I've been using Ocean Kayaks for years, but Cobras have better weight capacity, better hatches and their not to far away from us. My new rentals and teaching models will be Cobra's.

They are in Glendale, CA. A little ways away, but not like Ocean Kayak in Washington State. Yes, please check with me before you buy, I can probably do you a good deal.

KazInAz:
I'm sure we can drum up one more before then.

Count me in. That sounds cool.

Is yakjacking really a big problem at Pleasant? I think it would be a great way to get to the Old Dam. Thoughts?

We had boaters buzz us when we dove the old dam off the the Diver Down II. I'd hate to see what they do with kayaks. Personally, I'd use kayaks on Lake Pleasant much like one of the ways describe in Jim Spear's site. Head to a cove or island not accessible by land, beach the kayak, and do the dive. Of course, I'd probably try to padlock the kayak to something on land, too. I just don't trust a lot of the people on the lake. After being buzzed and having my buoy used as a midpoint for jet ski donuts, I'm a little cynical.

krcollins:
yakjacking
:rofl3: that's funny!

As for the old dam, yeah unless you had 3 or 4 tied up together, not sure I'd like to be out there, hate for someone to start pulling on my kayak while I'm at 100' either. of course you could tie it up to the dam, but it could still get yakjacked :D Then you are screwed, that's a long swim back.

-Garrett

I own that model and I've used it for kayak diving. It is probably the widest, most stable kayak you can buy. It makes a great diving platform. It's only drawback is that doesn't go through the water as well as a narrower kayak.

Dean

Scuba Cowboy:
They are in Glendale, CA. A little ways away, but not like Ocean Kayak in Washington State. Yes, please check with me before you buy, I can probably do you a good deal.

Oops, my mistake, Cobra is located in Gardena, CA. Still not far away.

Dive-aholic:
I just don't trust a lot of the people on the lake. After being buzzed and having my buoy used as a midpoint for jet ski donuts, I'm a little cynical.

Unfortuantley I think that is the world we live in. I too have had some close calls with jet skis while surfacing in Scorpion Bay. Boneheads.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom