Kauai July 15-22, looking for dive buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Viperz28

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

I will be in Lihue, Kauai from July 15-22 with my family and would like to do some shore diving, what is the best way of finding a dive buddy?

Aloha! Pretty much any of us living here that scuba dive, work as instructors. I can definitely put out some feelers for you and can message you on here if I find anyone else looking for a buddy. I pretty much work daily either at Koloa Landing or from our boat diving the untouched west side of the island. Some of our boat divers end up shore diving on their own to save a few bucks, I'll keep you in mind for those dates and let you know. If you have any questions, feel free to message me. :)

Aloha! Pretty much any of us living here that scuba dive, work as instructors. I can definitely put out some feelers for you and can message you on here if I find anyone else looking for a buddy. I pretty much work daily either at Koloa Landing or from our boat diving the untouched west side of the island. Some of our boat divers end up shore diving on their own to save a few bucks, I'll keep you in mind for those dates and let you know. If you have any questions, feel free to message me. :)

Awesome thanks!

Stoked for you and your upcoming trip. You'll find Koloa Landing to be very user friendly for diving. Pack a cooler and make a half day of it. Generally afternoons are quieter and parking is a bit easier. If you choose morning diving you'll want to get there early to ensure a spot. Entry is a little easier at high tides just be careful walking down the boat ramp as it can be a little slippery. It's a horseshoe cove with easy north south navigation. Max depth is essentially 40ft. Best times to see Turtles is first thing in the am and then late in the afternoon (although they can be seen throughout the day).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom