Kauai in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dman

Contributor
Reaction score
Staying on the North shore mid-May with some non-diving friends and looking for a good snorkel/sunset sail adventure. Any recommendations from natives on the board?

I know we are going to do a North shore dive with Fathom Five I believe so they can snorkel from the beach while we dive, but I am looking for something for the 4 of us to do
as well.

Thanks for the input.

Good morning,

I'm going to be in Kuaui in late May and would like to find dive buddies for shore dives. Would you be interested in this? I'll be staying in Kapaa.

Cheers!

- Jm

Good morning,

I'm going to be in Kuaui in late May and would like to find dive buddies for shore dives. Would you be interested in this? I'll be staying in Kapaa.

Cheers!

- Jm

Sorry, to be clear ... I'd be available for diving May 22 to May 27.

Not sure what days we will be diving nice we will be traveling with two non-divers but I I'll stay in touch. My wife and I will be diving at least twice but one will be on the north shore since we re tying in Princeville.

Not a local and they are down south (Poipu I believe) but the wife and I did the Blue Dolphin Napali Coast tour (snorkeling included or for a small extra fee you can scuba while the others snorkel) and we loved it so much we ended up doing it twice during our last trip to Kauai.

Request Jeanette with Fathom Five. There isn't an instructor on the island who can match her passion for/knowledge about Tunnels.

Take a trip down to the bird sanctuary at the lighthouse in Kilauea for sure - very beautiful there. The hike at the end of the road is also amazing as long as you start early and allow for a relaxing pace and stops to enjoy the beauty. Kayak trips on the Hanalei river are also a great group activity.

Good luck with your planning!
AK

Not sure what days we will be diving nice we will be traveling with two non-divers but I I'll stay in touch. My wife and I will be diving at least twice but one will be on the north shore since we re tying in Princeville.

Excellent!

I'm traveling with four non divers and pretty much told them to expect my company in the evenings. Priorities :)

PM me with your contact info and I'll reply back. I'll be checking personal email while on the island, am open to being flexible and inclusive if there's an existing dive planned.

:)

- Jm ( Let the OONTZ begin! )

Not a local and they are down south (Poipu I believe) but the wife and I did the Blue Dolphin Napali Coast tour (snorkeling included or for a small extra fee you can scuba while the others snorkel) and we loved it so much we ended up doing it twice during our last trip to Kauai.

Is this the tour you mentioned?

Blue Dolphin Charters Deluxe Na Pali Coast Tour 5 hours - Hawaii Discount

That could be a great great activity for my friends who are non-divers to enjoy while I'm underwater.

Thanks!

- Jm ( Let the OONTZ begin! )

Weather conditions (rain and wind for the 2 weeks I've been here) have made diving somewhat impacted. I've done one shore dive with Shep Akins and there was quite a bit of surge. I'm sure that the North side is pretty much too rough to dive from the shore.

I've also done 4 dives with Seasport (2 of those with Shep) and it's taken a bit to find clear enough water. Even then the cloud cover (in a couple of cases) had an effect and the water is running a bit colder.

All in all it won't stop me from diving but do expect an impact to the normally warm, easy diving! Will be doing some shore dives from Koloa landing - leave me a note if you want to join. (Not as deep as some places but have found a lot of animal life here before). Also, tentatively planning a Ni'ihua trip on the 24th with Seasport if you would like to join me.

Thanks for the info. Right now we just have a shore dive at Tunnels for Thursday morning with Fathom Five. I think we are going to wait until we get there to see how the weather is before scheduling anything else. We will be in Poipu the 29th-1st and may wait until then to dive to avoid the long drive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom