Kauai in December?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DanK

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone heading to Kauai in Dec? I'll be on Kauai Dec 14th - Dec 20th. I would difenitly like to dive Koloa Landing.

Stop by and say "Aloha!" Our dive shop (Aquatic Adventures) is right down in Poipu, just minutes from Koloa Landing. I'll be happy to give you some pointers of what to look for when you dive there :O)

I will certainly stop by your shop. I look forward to meeting you.

Thanks,

Dan

These guys are really great and you'll be glad you stopped in. Nothing other than the consistantly positive has been said about these guys. The owners and staff are great! Consider doing at least one or two guided dives with them. You'll be glad you did. They know their stuff and haven't forgotten that scuba is FUN! Probably the very best of the companies to do Koloa Landing with!!

RP

Anyone heading to Kauai in Dec? I'll be on Kauai Dec 14th - Dec 20th. I would difenitly like to dive Koloa Landing.

Stop by and say "Aloha!" Our dive shop (Aquatic Adventures) is right down in Poipu, just minutes from Koloa Landing. I'll be happy to give you some pointers of what to look for when you dive there :O)

I will certainly stop by your shop. I look forward to meeting you.

Thanks,

Dan

You won't be sorry, they run a great operation!:wink:

You should also consider boat diving along the south shore of Kauai in December. Great opportunity to spot whales along the way. I would consider Seasport Divers in Poipu. They have a very comfortable boat with an elevated platform that's great for whale watching. Fathom Five also operated out of the same harbor in Poipu. The boat dive is usually much more drmatic than shore diving. The geological formations are much more pronounced and give you more of that WOW factor.

I recently did some fantastic boat dives with Bubbles Below. They provide not only a boat ride and dive master to point out the critters, but an aquatic eduacation as well. I have over 500 dives and every time I go with them, I see something new!!!

Thanks everyone for your responses. I will probably do both, shore and boat dives.

Thanks

Tunnels Beach on the north shore is a great shore dive. Understand that a number of the shops have guided dives Monday through Friday.

Just got home from Kauai. Did 3 days of diving with Aquatic adventures, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Dive Koloa landing for sure, it was a great critter dive, Shawn was my DM and he was fantastic for finding the small critters most would just swim by. Sadly though by December it will take a massive stroke of luck to dive Tunnels, too bad, that was an AMAZING dive, probably the best shore dive I have ever done. I also dove with Fathom 5 for a 3 tank boat dive, they did a good job too. Personally I'd avoid Seasport, they run what looked to me to be your basic cattle boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom