Kauai Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

polysemous1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

Getting married in Kauai in July 09, we both dive and plan to do at least a few dives while there. Any recommendations for shops to dive with? How is the diving on Kauai compared to Maui? I seem to see more threads posted to other islands, of course that may reflect tourist destinations rather than quality of dives.

Any info is appreciated,

Dave

I really like Fathom Five in Old Koloa Town on the southside. Good shore diving (at nearby Koloa Landing and also on the north side at Tunnels - during the summer) and excellent boat diving, both off the southside and more advanced diving near the island of Ni'ihau.

Fathom Five runs six packs, so you never feel like you're part of a herd and the DMs are very knowledgeable, professional and friendly. Heck, the captains are too!

If you go with them, tell Lonnie that "Oren" sent you.

Hi Dave, My family and I (18 of us any way), will also be on Kauai that week.
We love the diving on Kauai! I can’t say how it comparers to Maui but I have been diving in Kona and the two are different but Kauai has some amazing sites and several great shore dive locations We missed the best dive, Niihau Island but will not miss it this trip.

I have used SeaSport Divers and they did a great job. This trip I plan on using Mana Divers and Aquatic Adventures, as well.
We plan on diving every day and I would hate to wear out any one single shop!
Maybe we will end up on a dive together.

Hey Oren, We have to dive together some time soon. First I see you were on Catalina the same weekend I was now Kauai? We pick great dive sports. I give Lonnie the message.

Dave:

I'd LOVE to dive with you.

If you make it up to the chilly northern California waters, get a hold of me.

We went to Catalina this trip because of the insane airfares to the Big Island, which was our first choice. By driving five of us in a Honda Odyssey, we managed to get down to Long Beach and back on only three tanks of gas. That left room in the budget for good diving and good dining on Catalina.

The whole family, diver (me), snorklers and Discovery Scuba divers (three teens) and total landlubber (wife) all had a great time on Catalina. My son and I had spent a couple of weeks in the last few years at Camp Cherry Valley (Boy Scouts) a couple of coves west of Two Harbors, so Avalon is QUITE a different Catalina experience for us.

I'm also hoping that my wife will be asked again to be faculty next year for the medical conference on Kaui that got me over there this last time. Now that I'm getting more diving experience, I have a bigtime Jones for diving Ni'ihau!

You should definitely cheek out Aquatic Adventures, :lotsalove: My wife and I have done all of our diving on Kauai (Koloa, PK’s, Ahukini and Tunnels) with Aquatic Adventures. Each dive location has something different to offer and trust me there guides are VERY knowable about the sea life and will take you to the good stuff.:D

Thanks to all for the great suggestions. I'll look into all of them.

Dave

Aloha and welcome to ScubaBoard! And we look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful island and awesome diving. We'd love to hook you up with some great shore diving during your stay - depending upon ocean conditions we offer diving on both the south and north shores. Any questions...just stop by and visit our shop in Poipu (Aquatic Adventures) or check out our website (Scuba Dive Kauai - Hawaii Vacation Activity) Either way, happy diving to you! :O)

aascubagirl, We will contact you when we get to the island for a dive maybe Thursday.

Looking forward to it!

We are so excited to dive Tunnels tomorrow with you guys.

Back
Top Bottom