Kauai Diving November 22/23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swdke

Registered
Reaction score
I read a lot on these boards about diving Maui or the Kona area on the Big Island, but not so much on Kauai. How is the diving on Kauai compared to Maui or the Big Island? Is the water clear with lots of marine life? Can someone compare and contrast the diving off of Kauai compared to the other islands. I am hoping to dive on either November 22nd or 23rd of this year. What can I expect that time of year? Also, I am looking for a dive boat to take me out. I am looking for a two tank dive. It's been a year since I last dived off of the Channel Island in California, and several years before that dive. Therefore, my recent experience is somewhat limited. I think I'd prefer the easier dives. I read on some of the dive boat websites that their afternoon dives are easier than the morning dives. I've seen some postings by employees of dive boats on this Board, and hoping someone can share their recommendations, and what I can expect. Thanks a lot. Steve

We just got back from a 3 day Kauai trip. Dove with SeaSport Divers on their awesome brand new cat. The boat was just awesome!!! The crew, Niko and Capt Hanz, were way too cool for school. :) Cant go wrong and they have a small local discount if you are local. Niko pointed out 3 huge frogfish in the caverns dive. The cavern dive is one of the premire dive spots on the south shore. We also saw a school of about 25 spinner dolphins, about 10 Honu (sea turtle), lots of starfish and nudi'..the list goes on. Visibility was good, about 60 ft. But the current was a little strong so naturally the vis was less.

http://www.seasportdivers.com/

In november you probably wont be doing any boat dives outside the south shore. The surf is just too high and ruff. Most the boat dives will be out of PoiPu and there are plenty of spots for boat and shore. And you are right, the afternoon dives are typically the easier dives. The morning dives are more advanced with drift and deep dives going on. Though if you can gear up for the morning dive you should try, cuz you dont want to miss those caverns.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom