Kauai Diving in February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
San Martin (south of San Jose, CA), often in Incli
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be on the south side of Kauai in mid February and would like to get in a day or two of diving. I prefer boat diving, but would consider easy shore access. I would appreciate any thoughts as to likely conditions in February, best local dive shops to work with and/or local diver(s) to buddy up with. My wife will also be diving with me. We likely will want to rent gear rather than take our own with us since our friends don't dive. ANY information about what to do, where to eat, etc., also welcome. THANKS!

I suggest that you contact Juli Bohmer. She's an independent instructor and guide, offering shore diving and she's worked with many of the boat operations and can give you well-informed advice.

Plus, she's really nice, to boot.

Scuba Jules, LLC - Home

We stayed in the Poipu Beach area and dove with SeaSport Divers - they have complete rental gear. You can also shore dive at Koloa Landing in that area. Sometimes the vis isn't so great there though. It's an easy entry down an old boat ramp but a pretty good swim out the the better areas IIRC. This may be of some use also: http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/Hawaii/Kauai/index.htm

Aloha,

There are several shops to choose from right in your area (Aquatic Adventures, Seasports Divers, Fathom Five). Each one offers something unique. Who you pick really depends on what your are looking for. Koloa Landing (Scuba Dive Kauai Dive Kauai Scuba Hawaii Vacation Activity) is a phenomenal shore dive spot with an easy entry and no surface swim. For boat diving, Sheraton Caverns (SEASPORT DIVERS #1 on Kauai and Niihau - Scuba dive on Kauai and Niihau, Shore Dives, Boat Dives, and Nitrox.) is a great spot.

Scuba Dive Kauai Dive Kauai Scuba Hawaii Vacation Activity
Welcome to Fathom Five Divers Ocean Quest Watersports
SEASPORT DIVERS #1 on Kauai and Niihau - Scuba dive on Kauai and Niihau, Shore Dives, Boat Dives, and Nitrox.

I would be happy to answer any questions that you might have. Hope this post helps... :D

Bubbles Below is EXCELLENT! They are a small dive operation that focuses just on diving - not on selling you a bunch of stuff. They can rent you gear, but they don't have a store front from which they try to push gear sales on you. They have small boats and excellent staff. Seriously - an EXCELLENT operation. In February, they might be doing Ni'i hau trips. If they are running them, I would highly, highly recommend that you consider going on it. The last time we went (August), we saw a WHALE SHARK! Seriously.

Aloha! Welcome to Kauai! Feb. is my favorite month to dive Kauai because the humpback whales are SO numerous! At the least you will be hearing them sing! The south side dives that Bubbles Below offers during Feb. have many encounters with them underwater! Feb. is also manta ray mating month over at Niihau and its when Bubbles Below offers small group dives to Niihau and Lehua Rock. You will also be here right after the first of the years coral spawn, which livens up the water and the safety stop!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom