Kauai Diving Advice!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katamuki

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am headed to the island on the 30th of April and would like any information on good boat dive and shore dive companies if anyone has some to give. Any information on things to see, do and experience would be nice too!

Aloha, Katamuki! I work for a local PADI dive resort and we have some awesome shore diving in Kauai so if you have not yet booked your dives, come check out our website (aascuba.com). We'd love to show you around and introduce you to our favorite fish, turtle and octopus friends. Either way, happy diving to you!

Tunnels! Hard to find, long drive, tough to park, but a great dive & snorkel site.

Some book talks about the great site near the Sheraton in Poipu. I don't remember the book or the name of the site. But it was a old but active boat launch with nasty murky water. That was the only place that wasn't fantastic on Kauai. That may have changed since we were there last, not sure.

I'm sure aascubagirl can tell you all about everything.

We will be there in July and plan on doing a significant amount of dives. We used SeaSport Divers in the past and they did a great job. I also hear taht Fathom Five is top Notch as well.

Koloa landing is used by many of the shops for lessons, students everywhere but when the vis is good it’s not a bad shore dive. My wife loved diving the Sheraton Caverns. Easy dive with dozens of turtles, very cool swim thoughs but I liked watching the bubbles from the divers filter up from the lava tubes, it looked just like a mammoth aquarium.

Now that aascubagirl is a member here on ScubaBoard, I will make it a point to book a dive with them as well!

i have used Fathom 5, they are a GREAT bunch of people ( George, Loni, Cpt. Len and Linda). and they also run a shore dive operation.

Hi there. Just a follow up...Tunnels is a BEAUTIFUL dive, ocean conditions permitting. It is usually not available to dive until summer due to north shore swells but the latter part of this week and into next week it is actually very nice and we've been diving it w/great results. So, if conditions remain good, I highly recommend a dive there. The long drive and early start time are worth it. A guided tour is a must here as there are lava tubes to navigate and a ferocious current that can kick in later in the day.

Koloa Landing is probably the dive site the other diver was referring to on the south shore - when conditions are bad, it definitely can be disappointing. But normally - if you love aquatic life, this site is off the hook. So don't dismiss it as a possibility, whether you dive with us or another shop - it is absolutely worth diving. Lots of endemic critters and if you dive with someone who knows the site well, you will have a blast - guaranteed!

Back
Top Bottom