Kauai: Aquatic Adventures Dive Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lilpaul1971

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have searched the Board for this type of thread and have not found any information regarding this topic. So if I have missed some thread forgive my ignorances.

I am planning a trip to Kauai, Hawaii. I am looking around for a dive shop and noticed that the typical words "Dive shop" doesn't exist on Kauai, or I have not found one.

If there any recommendations for dive operators or "shops" on Kauai I'd gladly accept the help. I was specifically looking at Aquatic Adventures, any reviews would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for all information shared! Once I return from my trip, I'll gladly pass on my experience to the Board!

Regards,

Pablo :)

I am here right now on Kauai. I will be diving with Fathom Five tomorrow. I will post a review. Aquatic Adventures is on the beach. I will walk over to their shop tomorrow after my dives. I, again, will let you know. A resident told me her boyfriend dives with another company. Again, I will post my opinion (which, let's be honest, means absolutely nothing).

Bus

Again, I will post my opinion (which, let's be honest, means absolutely nothing).

Bus

I love your honesty! Look forward to your opinion.

Only 13 more days till my Hawaii honeymoon! We will be diving Oahu, Kona, Maui and maybe Kauai and Lanai.

Johnny

I just got back from diving in Kauai.

Go with Fathom Five! The people are great, very knowledgeable and patient. They really want you to have a great time. They are top ranked in the Kauai Revealed book, and for good reason.

Their local dive boats only take 6 divers, with DM and Capt. They allow each person to ascend when low on air, so air hogs (like me) don't mess with anyone elses dives.

All in all, I had an awesome time with Fathom Five.

The only knock I heard from a diver using their main competitor, SeaSport Divers, is that the Fathom Five boats don't have a head on board. That wasn't really an issue for us, as anyone needed to could simply slip off their wetsuit and go use the "blue room." Besides, do you really want to dive with 21 of your closest friends all the time? SeaSport runs a much large boat.

I've used both SeaSport Divers and Fathom Five. Both are good operationsand I plan to use them both again upon my return in July.

I just got back from diving in Kauai.

Go with Fathom Five! The people are great, very knowledgeable and patient. They really want you to have a great time. They are top ranked in the Kauai Revealed book, and for good reason.

Their local dive boats only take 6 divers, with DM and Capt. They allow each person to ascend when low on air, so air hogs (like me) don't mess with anyone elses dives.

All in all, I had an awesome time with Fathom Five.

Just got out of the water with Fathom Five. I really enjoyed the experience. Again, my opinion is worth three bubbles coming from a free flow. I am diving with them again tomorrow. Our DM, Scott, was mellow and was patient with everyone (I am diving with my step-monster and she is still learning). Another update tomorrow.

Darn it is nice shedding the drysuit.

Bus

Try Bubbles Below. I went with them a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Very professional and small groups. I never saw them advertising but got their name from a friend and I booked a 6 dive package with them. We even did Ni'ihau which was probably the most amazing diving in Hawaii. Joe, our divemaster, has been working there for a long time so he really knew what he was talking about. Their extensive knowledge of marine biology impressed me.

Try Bubbles Below. I went with them a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Very professional and small groups. .

Salut

feb. 2008 j'ai plongé avec Fathom Five Divers (Koloa) et avec Bubbles Below (Port Allen )

J'ai fait de très belles plongées avec les 2 centres . Mais j'ai trouvé Bubbles Below , très sympathique et compétent . Je recommande aussi ce centre très familial .En été on peut faire des plongées profondes à Niihau .

cordialement

Bernard

Just got out of the water with Fathom Five. I really enjoyed the experience. Again, my opinion is worth three bubbles coming from a free flow. I am diving with them again tomorrow. Our DM, Scott, was mellow and was patient with everyone (I am diving with my step-monster and she is still learning). Another update tomorrow.

Darn it is nice shedding the drysuit.:luxhello:

Bus

Thanks for the reviews. We will be coming to Kauai 4/9 and have decided to bring our own gear so we can do some shore diving if we have the opportunity. We are doing the Manta dive in Kona but don't have much extra cash for a lot of boat trips this time around but would like to make the few dives we can squeeze in count.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom