Katrina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eh... Always with these damned storms. I'm supposed to be taking my little inflatable into the Gulf this weekend. I guess the we've had enough of the Lake of Mexico and the waves are back. I enjoyed it while it lasted atleast.

Might have to hit a spring this weekend instead... arg! Things could be worse :)

Hey.. we're getting wind! It might be a fluke though. The 'meteorologists' on TV are all standing out on Marco Island trying to make it look like it's a 'horrible storm that has passed so close to us we're lucky!' and the breeze is just enough to make the ever frozen Hair NET hair on the guy move a little.

Well it looks as most of were spared.

I have spoken with ScubaJenny and she and H.C. are doing good. lost some branches and power for about 15 hours but is doing fine. Marvel is well also except she had to escape her condo from the rear appearantly the beach is now at her font door. but she is without power and according to Jenny probably won't have power for a couple of days as they are scraping the roads. they are covered in about 4-6 inch's of sand blown in by the winds.

Wish them the best.

Hopefully Katrina will just blow out and fizzle before the next landfall...

SharkBaite:
Well it looks as most of were spared.

I have spoken with ScubaJenny and she and H.C. are doing good. lost some branches and power for about 15 hours but is doing fine. Marvel is well also except she had to escape her condo from the rear appearantly the beach is now at her font door. but she is without power and according to Jenny probably won't have power for a couple of days as they are scraping the roads. they are covered in about 4-6 inch's of sand blown in by the winds.

Wish them the best.

Hopefully Katrina will just blow out and fizzle before the next landfall...

got a couple of SB members down New Orleans way that are hoping that's exactly what will happen. Oilman66 has been boarding up the house all day today. I'm pretty safe all the way up here in north mississippi, but if the weather channel is any good at predicting these things, Wayne will have quite a show in the next day or so.

my sister lives just outside new orleans, they headed north with some friends;
may go even further north if it looks the storm will pass to the west of them

If you're anywhere near the Big Easy, RUN AWAY!
This is getting positively scary...
---
THE INTENSITY FORECAST ANTICIPATES THAT KATRINA COULD APPROACH CATEGORY FIVE STATUS PRIOR TO LANDFALL. THE SHIPS GUIDANCE ACTUALLY DOES FORECAST 140 KT (161 MPH) AT 24 HOURS... BUT IT IS ALSO POSSIBLE THAT INTERNAL STRUCTURAL CHANGES COULD CAUSE FLUCTUATIONS IN THE INTENSITY... SO THE OFFICIAL FORECAST PEAKS AT 135 KT. (155 MPH)
---
Unlike Dennis, which was a tight-packed little bugger, this storm's wind field is getting huge. This is NOT good.
Rick

Yikes. Glad we are now past it. Good luck to everybody else. Hang tight, it could get really nasty!

That is one scary hurricane. I don't think I'd want to ride that one out. Good luck to the folks on the north coast of the gulf, wish y'all the best. It's time to go visit the relatives in Maine.

All you people in S Fl can whine all you want about a boring storm, but those of us here in the lower keys were pretty freakin' happy to wake up in the middle of the night to 40 kt winds!!! Considering nobody did nuthin' to prepare, we got past this pretty well.

Anyone in New Orleans (or wherever) good luck to you, we wish you the best!

Rachel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom