Katana 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm still waiting for mine to come in. stupid COVID ruining my order. For the H harness, do you need to use the chest strap or can you go without it?
Most H harnesses require a sternum strap to keep the shoulders from splaying out wide. I replaced my stock hollis sternum strap with a length of bungie and a bolt snap.

I'm not a huge Hollis fan and love my Stealth, but the Katana 2 seems to be a pretty strong contender to fight the Stealth. If I ever go to a sidewinder, I'd seriously think about getting the Katana 2. My bigges issue with the Hollis SMS' is that they had lots of fabric parts which made them more buoyant than other sm setups. That seems to be continued in the Katana 2. But I'd like to try one.

I am in the same boat. Not a fan of Hollis and LOVE my XDeep but they are a strong contender. I want a sidewinder as well but will stick with my Stealth for that.

If Hollis would strip down a lot of the fabric I think they would do even better.

I would also say that it's great for steel tanks, but the adjustable lumbar attachment point makes this rig suitable for aluminium as well. It may be a bit much lift for 2x Al, but you could easily carry 4-6 AL tanks with that rig. I was impressed how streamline the bladder gets. It doesn't balloon out at all.

I would also say that it's great for steel tanks, but the adjustable lumbar attachment point makes this rig suitable for aluminium as well. It may be a bit much lift for 2x Al, but you could easily carry 4-6 AL tanks with that rig. I was impressed how streamline the bladder gets. It doesn't balloon out at all.

I”ve heard it beachballs less than the stealth. Which really doesn’t baloon much

Yes I fully inflated it the other day on dry land and I couldn't tell that it was much bigger than when it was not inflated.
I give the wing a 12/10. The harness, an 8/10.

I”ve heard it beachballs less than the stealth. Which really doesn’t baloon much

The wing doesn’t beach ball at all, it stays really flat.

Yes I fully inflated it the other day on dry land and I couldn't tell that it was much bigger than when it was not inflated.
I give the wing a 12/10. The harness, an 8/10.

I agree.

Ordered mine! My first sidemount BC. Should arrive in like 2 weeks :)

Back
Top Bottom