Katana 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FCBEABBE-3B43-4B5C-8316-48AF0FA434DD.png
Back on topic. Got my Katana in the water today. I would have preferred a pool session first but oh well. I’m very happy with the shape of the wing and I got pretty close with the cylinder trim for taking a guess.

The loop bungees are not tight enough:

Cool. I didn't know the Katana came with extras to make it into an H harness straight from Hollis. That show's Edd's input in design. I'm not a huge Hollis fan and love my Stealth, but the Katana 2 seems to be a pretty strong contender to fight the Stealth. If I ever go to a sidewinder, I'd seriously think about getting the Katana 2. My bigges issue with the Hollis SMS' is that they had lots of fabric parts which made them more buoyant than other sm setups. That seems to be continued in the Katana 2. But I'd like to try one.

I'm still waiting for mine to come in. stupid COVID ruining my order. For the H harness, do you need to use the chest strap or can you go without it?

Cool. I didn't know the Katana came with extras to make it into an H harness straight from Hollis. That show's Edd's input in design. I'm not a huge Hollis fan and love my Stealth, but the Katana 2 seems to be a pretty strong contender to fight the Stealth. If I ever go to a sidewinder, I'd seriously think about getting the Katana 2. My bigges issue with the Hollis SMS' is that they had lots of fabric parts which made them more buoyant than other sm setups. That seems to be continued in the Katana 2. But I'd like to try one.
The Sidewinder is on my radar in the next few years one of the reasons I got the Katana 2, although I’m a fan of Hollis but we all have our own favorites!

I'm still waiting for mine to come in. stupid COVID ruining my order. For the H harness, do you need to use the chest strap or can you go without it?
Not sure I just got it in the mail and I’m heading out cross country truck driver so no time to play with it yet! I believe I did read it a with or without your choice!

I received mine as well and immediately proceeded to pimp it up a bit.
621C3097-B68E-4A22-8F74-96E288BB8919.jpg

New belt buckle - from DGX

0AB9908E-0DD2-4EA6-A2B1-B4DB859D21EB (1).jpg

Triple D ring - Sump UK
Bungee attachment point - Sum UK
Thicker Bungee (8mm) - Piranha

C55C5620-6484-4753-9106-098BC1A501F4.jpg

I doubled up the wing attachment bungee and encased it in an old camelbak sleeve.
I also added a quick connect attachment point instead of the clip - from piranha

A4EBD394-5E7E-41D4-9A33-74F9A36034EB.jpg

finally I changed the butt D ring - from Piranha.

Unfortunately I won't be able to dive it in the near future due to work, zombies, etc.
I did try it on with my dry suit and completed inflated the wing. I was surprise how low profile it was even when fully inflated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom