Kapitol Reef Snorkel -- Really this is Cool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JS1scuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Greetings!

A Snorkel ? That's what I thought when I first saw the prototype of this snorkel three years ago. A physician designed it and was trying to market it at the trade show. I did not pay much attention to it until it finally came out this year. They sent me one a few months back to try. I fell in love with it.

No, I don't attach it to my mask for regular scuba diving but I do have it with me for snorkeling. It's truly a great product and that's why we are carrying it.

World's Best Snorkel

Kapitol Reef Snorkel

The world's first pressure-regulated snorkel. This revolutionary dry snorkel uniquely regulates exhalation pressure and separates fresh ready-to-inhale air from exhaled carbon dioxide. What's wrong with my regular snorkel? Conventional snorkels simply do not facilitate normal human breathing in the pressurized underwater environment. The re- breathing ofexhaled carbon dioxide combined with water pressure against your chest wall creates what we call snorkel panic. As a result, inhalation muscles fatigue quickly, lung volumes decrease, and breathing patterns become erratic.

The Kapitol Reef snorkel cures snorkel panic and shallow breathing problems with the employment of Kadence Technology. This revolutionary science behind the Kapitol Reef snorkel provides support for your inhalation muscles, preserves lung volumes, restores a normal cadence to breathing and maximizes comfort and confidence by ensuring a fresh, dry breath every time.

Kapitol Reef Benefits
To create a truly innovative product, Kapitol Reef's team was forced to question some long-standing conventions and develop different, and ultimately better, components and technology. Here are some of the benefits that sets Kapitol Reef apart from others in the snorkeling industry:

Regulates Exhalation Pressure
Maintains Lung Volumes
Separates Inhaled air from Exhaled CO2
Stays Amazingly Dry
Reduces Snorkel Panic
Perfect for All Experience Levels

This is an outstanding gift for someone you know who loves to snorkel. Or just get one for yourself. Pack it with your gear, the next time you head out for a workout in the pool, or a lazy swim along the reef in front of the hotel you will just be amazed at how wonderful it is to snorkel again.

You can order it online at the link below or stop into our store in Lake Havasu.

$74.95 Super Sale
Order Here

Regards,

Attachments

• KPRS-grp.jpg
    KPRS-grp.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 185
I just don't get it. I like most of the stuf you sell - but really, $75 (on sale) for a snorkel?

I just don't get it. I like most of the stuf you sell - but really, $75 (on sale) for a snorkel?

That was my thought too when i first got one. Then after using it I realized that a lot of work,thought, and engineering went into this product. Just like a fine pair of fins and a great mask, this is a really special snorkel.

Look would I make a total fool of myself talking about a snorkel if I did not think it had value?

It's big, its comfortable, it breaths nicely, it does not wear you out. I've done some long swims with it for giggles and it was pretty good. I keep it in my bin and when i need to use a snorkel i use it. I've all but abandoned my other snorkels. It's a bit big for me to use for scuba for that i use a smaller one, but i do love this one as well.

Cheers

But it's $75--for a snorkel

the one they sent my my LDS sucks. It's like trying to breath through a coffee cup's stir stick. Maybe they got a bad, dunno.

I have trouble with the thought of handing over $25 for a snorkel. I will not be on the line to get 1. That said when the pricing comes down to less than $25 I would consider it as a superior product priced right.

I have one hardly used, i will sell for $25. send me a pm

Geez that's a lot of moolah for a snorkel. I'll bet the thing is great and all that. Well, I thought Starbucks was a foolish idea too when they were pitching to investors and thinking they could get people to pay $4.60 for a cup of coffee.

That was my thought too when i first got one. Then after using it I realized that a lot of work,thought, and engineering went into this product. Just like a fine pair of fins and a great mask, this is a really special snorkel.

Look would I make a total fool of myself talking about a snorkel if I did not think it had value?

It's big, its comfortable, it breaths nicely, it does not wear you out. I've done some long swims with it for giggles and it was pretty good. I keep it in my bin and when i need to use a snorkel i use it. I've all but abandoned my other snorkels. It's a bit big for me to use for scuba for that i use a smaller one, but i do love this one as well.

Cheers

Well one thing I've got to say... Joel could have had all our posts removed. At least he got on here and gave reason for this snorkel instead of deleting these posts....

(of course all of these replies are act as a courtesy bump for him also... :eyebrow: )

(still not payint $75 for a snorkel.... I think they are overpriced at $25 bucks at most LDS's)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom