Kantaneh Beach >>close to Akumal ..Mayan Rivera ...scuba and snorkling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sfrehe

Reaction score
Hello fellow divers...

Just wondering if anyone has dove in this area of the mayan Riviera.
Ive been to Cozumel, and Xpu-ha, but where Im staying will be in between Xpu-ha and Akumal ,I should be staying at the fiesta grand which is close to the El dorado.

The info Im finding is very vague..its close enough to Akumel that the snorkling should be better than Xpu-ha I hope .Seems very remote which I like and a good chance of seeing turtles which would be cool. Im going around July and want to get some great pics.

Any cenotes close ,I did Azule

Keep your snorkel Wet

Sven

We drove by there last Sunday on our way to Tulum, but we didn't enter the ocean. We went to do a Cenote dive at Dos Ojos cenote. Went thru Hidden Worlds dive tours which is about 10 - 20 km south of El Dorado - just North of Tulum. Its $90 for a 2 tank dive there (just went up $10). A neat experience.

Last April we had some great dives between Tulum and Akumal.

Gran Cenote with Cenote Dive in Tulum. Dave Stieff was a great divemaster, rental equipment was good.

Half Moon Bay with Akumal Dive Shop. Moises and Lupe o.k. divemasters but hurried a little too much for me. Turtles, stingrays, sail fish, coral in decent condition. We snorkelled at

Octopus Garden, The Garden and Minesweeper out of Puerto Morelos with Mystic Diving. Oswaldo a great divemaster, truly interested in all the little life, like garden eels and Christmas tree worms, as well as the big stuff. The rental equipment, all new last year, was in great shape, beautiful dive boat and the service was terrific. They pick up divers from the resorts along the nearby coast. Their rates were reasonable and the videos they take of your dive are fun. www.mysticdiving.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom