Kansas, Nebraska & Iowa divers, where do you dive locally?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit

Floppy Ear Mod
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're going west for our honeymoon and we're looking for some dive sites to visit in Kansas, Nebraska and Iowa. We're from Ohio so we're used to quarries and the related bad visibility. We'll have our cold water gear even though we're travelling in August. If you could provide names of dive sites, web sites for them, directions, hours of operation, etc. it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and happy diving!
Ber :bunny:

I live in Kansas City. Most people around here go to Table Rock (Missouri), Stockton Lake (Missouri), or Beaver Lake (Arkansas). I also know of an old limestone quarry in the Joplin, MO area called Oronogo.

If you can take a little southern detour, Bonne Terre Mines near St. Louis is a very interesting place to dive. It is an old lead mine, totally underground but with direct access to air surface almost everywhere. They are open on weekends only. The web site is www.2dive.com All the dives are guided and you have to demonstrate basic skills on the first dive. This bothers some folks but I didn't see a problem with it. The guides are knowledgable and very nice.

My husband and I went in March with a group and loved it. We are planning on going back to do some of the advanced trails soon. I think there are some reviews from others in this forum and I know that there are very extensive reviews at the Rodale site.

If you find any other great sites in the Midwest, let me know. We've been to the 4 spots mentioned in the previous post several times and are always looking for new local spots.

Well, there is some information on some places in Iowa on the site in my signature... feel free to see if that info helps you out at all.

Back
Top Bottom