Kansas City Blues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want to do a beaver lake meetup, let me know I might be game. Bit of a drive from Wichita but done it before.

You already mentioned it. I try to hit Bonne Terre at least once per winter, and twice if I can pull it off. I'm feeling your blues as well.

When you compare housing/rent prices in Liberty to most US places with good close by diving, you can pay for the airfare to get to good diving. But sadly, not often enough.

Let's face it, 99% of all inland diving sucks... KC at least has good football :D

I'm new to the forums and not the most experienced diver but I have to agree this post in terms of the lack of diving. I was a student in Fayetteville AR, got my OW at Beaver Lake, my AOW at Tenkiller in Oklahoma, and dove Ouachita in Southern AR but there just isnt anything worth going to up this far.

That being said, it has not been a cold winter yet, would anyone considering diving Beaver before Christmas?

At least the BBQ is good.

Hard for a place to stay in business with the stiff competition. If the BBQ isn't good, the locals will quickly abandon it. The exception is Famous Daves over by the race track, that has too many tourist coming through not knowing what real KC BBQ is. They can survive based on tourists, not on the locals.

I feel your pain in the Omaha, NE area. We had a great quarry we used to dive in Atlantic, IA but sadly Schildberg Construction closed it due to thefts. We dive a lake at Louisville State Recreation Area but last year the visibility was awful. Found a new lake to dive near Woodbine, Iowa, Willow Lake Recreation Area. Visibility was good 4th of July weekend last year. Members of the Greater Omaha SCUBA Club try and get out every 2-3 weeks in the summer to keep our dive skills up. We always do a post dive cookout so we make it fun even if conditions aren't the best.

We had a great quarry we used to dive in Atlantic, IA but sadly Schildberg Construction closed it due to thefts.

Did the thefts stop once they got rid of all the divers? :banghead:

No idea, I can't get the owners to respond to me. Our only local dive shop cut a deal with them but only for their use. :(

Back
Top Bottom