Kakaako Shore dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not taking any sides,,,, but
it's sounds much more like a ebb/flood tide occuring due to the tide either ebbing or flooding and the channel there is dredged deeper than the surrounding reefs causing the suspect current
(although this in only a guess since i've only driven large (120 foot boats) in/out of kewalos)

thank you for that info capt.scotty...is that the technical name for it?
to answer your question the landmarks i used are the pavilion on kewalo side but it will disapear about midway. at that point you want to keep the radio tower lined up with the center of tower closest to ewa. below you youll notice a change in the water it will get dark blue wont be able to see bottom on shore there are two similar glass buildings not far from each other as you get further from shore a third glass building will start to appear behind the one closest to the radio tower.when the amount of the third building showing is the same as the amount of space between the third and the second building (building closest to diamondhead) you are directly over the wreck.
if for some reason you do decide to shore dive it make sure you use a dive float most of the boats that leave from there are used to seeing them. careful crossing the channel those parasail boats get moving fast...when i did it i made sure i was neg bouncy so i could dive in a hurry if i had to.... and be aware of whats around you. and like i said...this aint no recreational shore dive. its a long way from shore if something goes wrong. make sure you carry a suasage..if you find yourself in trouble the parasail boats will stop to help you if they can see you.

um gee there goes a band wagon....yo kris if you hurry you might catch it.

Wow finally dove this site yesterday, it's about time. We got kicked out of Hanauma Bay, box jellies, so we went to the pipe. Vis really sucked going in until we were way past the first marker buoy then it cleared up to 75'. All an all it was a good dive just like was posted earlier lots of little critters, octy's, fish. Will do it again but maybe when the surf is not so ruff, entry and exit was a little trying.

Wow finally dove this site yesterday, it's about time. We got kicked out of Hanauma Bay, box jellies, so we went to the pipe. Vis really sucked going in until we were way past the first marker buoy then it cleared up to 75'. All an all it was a good dive just like was posted earlier lots of little critters, octy's, fish. Will do it again but maybe when the surf is not so ruff, entry and exit was a little trying.

Sweet!! I dove the west side from a kayak today and that was the funnest diving I've had since I redeployed. The reef was so pretty, depths were shallow, and I didn't have to worry about my buddy. Saw a turtle, several eels, and an octy as well. Only problem was the current, but it wasn't too bad and those waves made landing the boats a BLAST!!

Peace,
Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom