Kailua Boat Ramp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAndDreams

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Ok,

Google or the search function comes up empty. I know there is one there somewhere....can someone here tell me where exactly it is?

Thanks a ton in advance....

Sherman

Pretty sure it's at the southern end of Kailua beach, right at the entrance to Lanikai... I've never used it but I live in town (Kailua) and walk by occasionally. Try this if you have google earth...

21° 23.743'N
157° 43.328'W

I can't figure out how to put a kmz (Google earth) file on here so I guess lat/long will have to do.

Anyway, I don't think it's in great shape, but I have seem small boats around there, so I'm pretty sure someone is using it.

It is at the end of Kailua Beach right before you hit Lanikai. Carefully the ramp is very slippery.

IMG_1499.jpg

It's a pretty sketchy ramp. It's steep, narrow, slippery, and has a big crack in the middle of it. The guys I know who launch from it usually unhitch the trailer and lower it in with a 3rd wheel and a rope tied to the bumper. You can only launch from here on a very calm day, since it faces straight into the trades.

Depending on where you're going, it might be easier to just launch from Heeia and drive around the point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom