Kaila or Aliikai?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Shoturtle,

How does your wife find the surface drag of the Kaila? is it better or worse than other BCDs she has tried?

For me this is the deciding factor between the two BCD's as this is my pet hate (surface swims). Don't know why as I am a strong swimmer - could also be because I have been in bad fitting rentals. Unfortunately Back Inflates aren't too popular in Sydney so I am unable to try one out

She loves the Kaila, and she has no issue with it on the surface swim. The dragon bladder wraps around the tank, so it stay very streamline when swimming on your back, and swimming regular swim it is very compact. She is pretty curvey, so the way it is cut makes and th ample adjustments makes it easy for her to get it to fit perfectly to her liking.

She just got one of her girlfriends to get the Kaila last month, they both said it was very well design for a women's body. Hope this helps.

I was consider getting the men version, the dragon, but I can not see wasting a perfectly good. bc.

Thanks again Shoturtle!!!

Looks like the Kaila may be the one. One last question - what about packing it up for travel - I know there is barely any difference in the weight so I was just wondering how it does travelling

Thanks again to you and your wife!

Thanks again Shoturtle!!!

Looks like the Kaila may be the one. One last question - what about packing it up for travel - I know there is barely any difference in the weight so I was just wondering how it does travelling

Thanks again to you and your wife!

Packing it for travel is not that bad, it is a little bigger then a back inflate. But we have no issues packing it into our travel bads. Hopes that helps.

Back
Top Bottom