Kahului Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

av8rboie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everyone!

I'm going on a cruise around Hawaii the first week of July. The cruise offers a couple of shore excursions for diving, but not enough to suit my Hawaii diving itch. We are going to be docked in Maui over night. I was hoping that someone could maybe suggest some good operators reasonably close to the cruise terminal, which I believe is in Kahului.

Any input you folks can provide would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Mike

Only one operator that I know of going out of Kahului harbor - North Shore Explorers. The dives on that end of the island are pretty advanced too (rough waves, high surge, and lower vis with deeper sites is my understanding) You may be better off renting a car and meeting up with Shaka Doug in Kihei. He has a reputation for leading fun shore dives and has more experience than probably any shore dive op on the island. Kihei will also be closer than Lahaina.

Have fun!

Aloha, Tim

Go to Kihei, it isn't much of a drive and it's worth it. You'd like Doug.

Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and left a voicemail for Doug. I'll look forward to speaking with him. From what I've read it definitly seems like a great experience.

Mike

Mike, We are located 5 minutes from where the Cruise Ship Docks, check out our website, main as we may be a good option for you. Kidspot is correct, the seas do tend to be rougher on the North Shore, however we often have better vis than most South Side dives (less & cleaner runoff), occasionally have some surge but mostly during winter months with big swells, and typically our dives are well within recreational limits. We do all live boat drift dives on the Pailolo, which means that if there is any current we will be diving with it.

Have a great time on Maui & enjoy your time in the water.

Aloha

Chris
NSE

Thanks for the clarification Chris - great having you representing NSE here on the board!

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom