Hilo, Honolulu, Nawiliwili, Kahului diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ayisha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there, would anyone be able to recommend any particular diving and dive boat operators around Hilo; Honolulu; Nawiliwili, Kauau; and/or Kahului, Maui? How is the diving?

We will be there on a cruise in April 2022. We were supposed to go to Lahaina, which would have been easier to do the Molokini back wall, but our port has been switched to Kahului. It looks like it will be a 30 minute car ride between Kahului and Kihei boat ramp or 45 minutes to Lahaina, which might be a little too far.

We will be getting to each port between 7 - 9 AM, so these port times may be challenging as well. I like to book my own dives, but Princess does not currently have any dive excursions to fall back on.

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks! :)

Aloha...the Hilo side of Big Island isn't known for great diving. You can get in a dive at Richardson Beach Park if conditions allow. We went out with Nautilus a few years back and wouldn't recommend them. The Kona side has better diving.

Check out https://www.shorediving.com/loc/us/hi/big-island for info on shore diving sites.
For guided dives all of the shops do a great job.

Thanks @grantwiscour!
I wondered if the day on the Big Island might be better land-based, so that might be what we'll end up doing there.

I wasn't able to get any boat dive to Molokini since we arrive at Kahului too late (8 AM), so I have shore dives booked with Maui Dreams Dive out of Kihei.

We have whale watching booked in Hilo, and a circle tour booked in Oahu with snorkeling at Turtle Beach.

I'm not sure how the diving off Nawiliwili would be and maybe Ensenada Mexico. Though that might need thicker exposure protection than Hawaii if it's anything like SoCal...

Maui Dreams 👍🤙

Great! I'm looking forward to diving with Maui Dreams in 2 weeks! 🙂

Do you know how the shore diving is there?

I booked Todos Santos off Ensenada too. It's the first time I'm diving warm water and cold water in the same trip. I'm afraid to weigh my dive bag...

Great! I'm looking forward to diving with Maui Dreams in 2 weeks! 🙂

Do you know how the shore diving is there?

I booked Todos Santos off Ensenada too. It's the first time I'm diving warm water and cold water in the same trip. I'm afraid to weigh my dive bag...
Shore diving is excellent off the shore of Maui. I can pretty much tell you anything you want to know about Maui shore diving, boat and scooter diving.

See you soon in Maui and at Maui Dreams. 🤭😎

I had a great 7 dives (over three days) with island divers when I was on Oahu with a few buddies.

They have a nice three-tank deal some days that includes lunch. Probably the best way to get some of the better wrecks in, especially if you want to do Corsair.

Shore diving is excellent off the shore of Maui. I can pretty much tell you anything you want to know about Maui shore diving, boat and scooter diving.

See you soon in Maui and at Maui Dreams. 🤭😎
Thanks! See you soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom