Kaanapali to B&B - too far?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd rather attend a man hating ex-wives association meeting than take a boat trip to Molokini from Lahaina :)

B&B got us on the backwall again today. My wife got to play with the camera for the first time ever on the dive and she didn't do so bad. Some of the shots like this first one is taken from a distance too far away to appreciate the colors but you get the sense of the backwall. It's just an awesome dive.

That's Blesi of B&B (one of the B's, I'm guessing the first one) cruising along.

blesi.jpg

You always see some cool things in those cracks....

eel.jpg

backwall1.jpg

Al M: interesting that you say Severns doesn't do a dive briefing; I dove with them 3 days straight, and got a very detailed briefing before each tank/dive.... (I never felt like they were selling me anything but a great dive, but I did go buy the book on my own, since it's a very cool book!...)

cheers,
t

pterantula:
Al M: interesting that you say Severns doesn't do a dive briefing; I dove with them 3 days straight, and got a very detailed briefing before each tank/dive.... (I never felt like they were selling me anything but a great dive, but I did go buy the book on my own, since it's a very cool book!...)

cheers,
t
You misunderstood what I said, I meant to say their dive briefing is ANYTHING but brief. For those who want every little detail explained to them ad nausium it's the perfect place. I want the briefing to be complete and brief. I don't need to have a dive leader showing off their knowledge in depth and of course you bought the book, it's about the book :)

I found their DIVE briefing, clear, short, and to the point.

Their CRITTER briefings were extensive.

The two briefings are usually done by two different people. That makes it easier for you to know when you can go to sleep Al. :)

One of the many nice things about Maui is that there's a nice variety of good dive ops. Mike Severns is my favorite.

Aah, critter briefings, I like that :)

As I've said before I generally direct divers from our shop to B&B. One fella I sent to Severns because he honestly wants to get a critter education. He came back loving it but there were others on the boat that just wanted to get into the water, instead of taking a nap :)

Back
Top Bottom