Kaanapali -- need advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks very much for all the replies. I will rent a car for the week -- I'm not standing around waiting for buses while I'm on vacation!

I think I'll plan on driving down to Lahaina for two days/mornings of dives, and then if I still have the urge to dive some more, I'll check out the shore dives near my hotel.

Is Molokini "backwall" a must-do dive, compared to Molokini crater?

The best dive on Molokini is the back wall. I also went with Lahaina Divers to Molokai to watch hammerheads-well worth the money.

Now if you had said "the best cliff dive on Molokini is the back wall" you would have been 100% correct!

Please remember that not every diver likes the same sites; many (most?) maui guides will recommend Reef's End and Shark Ledges as better Molokini dive sites than the back wall (myself included).

Also, Molokai is only a calm summer day option, and Hammerheads sightings probably happen less than 50% of those infrequent calm trips.

After re-reading the thread, looks like smellzlikefish already shared his thoughts on the backwall. Sounds incredible!

I think I'll have to try it. One of my favorite dives is Scripps Canyon (I live in San Diego), which is a wonderful cliff dive, only with San Diego viz and temp. I'll have to do a Hawaii equivalent!

Back
Top Bottom