just want to say hi from N.C.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hearsejr

Reaction score
hi all, I'm hailing from N.C., and just joined and would like to say hi.
I have been a diver since 1988, but I'm by no-means the smartest man to ever get his earse wet, so please feel free to correct me when I'm wrong lol. I love diving and always interested in meeting folks who may want to dive the N.C. area. I try not to desturb the dive sites, but let's just say I'll never be able to join PETA. I have pulled a port hole or three, but only from wrecks that are not intended to be a dive destination. most of the stuff I have is from scraped work boats that were scraped by the owners and left to rot. I love old fishing trawlers and everytime I get a chance I try and check out those that have been left to rot by the owners. maybe one day I'll find a wreck that is fixable and have my own home on the water and dive platform. all in one....hay a guy can dream right, lol.
thanks,
Bill

Welcome to the board! I do a ton of diving in the OBX area of NC. I too like to track down the old trawlers. You would have a field day in Wanchese. There is old junk everywhere there. If you look at my profile, you will see how I sometimes get the inside scoop and positions of recently sunk trawlers and other boats. Good times!

Hello hearsejr,
Welcome to ScubaBoard! :1poke: I came here to look for help with my scuba diving dream and the response has been fantastic. So, I know you will enjoy being a member here.
There are a lot of nice and informative scuba divers. It's a good place to meet other divers and share experiences and dreams. Take care from Matt. :snorkels:

hay OBX, I wanted to hit the Wanchese area oneday but I just have not had the time or money. I may have met you before, as I know alot of folks in your line of work. if you have any tips as to where the best place to look at old retired fishing trawlers at please let me know. lol
hay Matt, thanks, I have read through the other postings last night and figured that this be a great place to hang out and talk dive stuff. if you get around this side of the world , let me know and we can go raid the better dive sites, lol.
if I can help anyone with any let me know.
thanks,
Bill

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!

I'll be diving out of Morehead City Oct 1-3,and we have room if you're interested. We'll be diving deeper wrecks, and this bunch does collect "artifacts," but by the time the Coast Guard cables the wrecks, and the hurricanes churn them up, it's more of a "get the pieces before they disappear."

Completing your Dive Info will help in future diving discussions. You can use the Quick Links menu above for this. PM me if I can help you learn your way around.

don :sgrin:

Hi there and welcome to ScubaBoard! I think that you will be able to learn a lot here, and hopefully post some of your own experiences as well! My name is Kayla, and I have been diving for two years now. If you have any questions or problems.... or you just want to chat... PM me! Otherwise, I hope to get to know you better around the boards!

Safe diving!
Kayla :dazzler1:

Welcome...I have relatives in NC...not that it matters...lol

Hey from the Fuqua Varina area of NC>>>>
rich

Back
Top Bottom