Just thought I'd check in here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Chris, welcome to the swamp. I know there are a lot of swampers in the Houston area and I'm sure you'll find lots of people to dive with.

HOWDY,,,glad to have you in the flock.

Welcome to the swamp!!!!! I belive they are having a meet and greet in the houston area pretty soon.

Here's a news Story.

A post from the owner: we are working very hard to get the lake started. The steel has been ordered for the new shop, and we have at least a dozen boats in the future bottom of the lake, along with our submarine. The sub now has two engines and a transmission in it, and a potty and sink positioned to go in. Good photo op once it is sunk. We are starting to position the entry areas, and groom the sides. The shop pad and the parking lot are under construction. As Chum is aware, the shop has been approved and is being built, and the last step is the meeting on June 13. This is the Specific Use Permit for the lake itself. TARAC, might need you to show up at this one again. And of course all of Chum is welcome. I will triple check the time but I am positive it is 7PM.
On the lake filling; the pumps were off a few weeks back for about ten days. In that time the deepest spot(where all the water drains) in the lake went to about 12'. So it filled fairly quick.
With my spearfishing trip cancelled today, and the three day Gardens trip cancelled for the weekend, we all are extremely excited about Mammoth Lake! Stay in touch!

And Some Pictures

TexAgDiver:
HEY! My name is Chris and I'm a relatively new diver in the Houston area and I just wanted to say hey to all the TEXAS swamp divers... hope to dive with some of you one day :D

Check out this thread for info on the Houston happy hour. You'll meet about 5 years' worth of new dive buddies in one evening.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom