Just Signed up in Scuba Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JimmyK

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

A buddy of mine, MikSwi, signed up on this site recently, and suggested I do so as well. I've read some postings, checked the place out. I have to say I like it. I look forward to talking with fellow divers.

I'm from Ludlow, MA and have a great interest in the New England wrecks. I feel every wreck is history, which makes diving more fun and interesting. I plan on doing quite a few this season, and have to say, am excited about returning to the Chester Poling, which lies off the Massachusetts coast. I also like to dive for lobster, though I don't eat it. Needless to say, my friends and family make out on that deal.

My friend, MikSwi, added a posting with the idea of cleaning a local lake. He thinks this might put a favorable light on divers in our area, and I have to agree. I'm not a lake diving fan, but when I do participate in it, I am disgusted by the cans, cups, tires, and even lawn chairs I've seen in the muck. I'd be glad to volunteer for a task such as that.

I just wanted to make an initial posting to introduce myself to the other members. I'm a very openminded guy and take advice from other divers seriously. I've been diving for three years and getting certified was one of the best things I've ever done for myself. I look forward to making contact with others involved in this sport. Take care, everyone! And dive safe!

welcome aboard!

Ahoy there ! Welcome. Good viz, George

Hey JimmyK. Welcome aboard! Sounds like you've got the scuba bug and an altruistic streak to boot. Going mucking in the muck shows your true love of the sport and willingness to make things better. Way to go! Your profile says you like to write - are you a poet on the side? A ghostwriter of murder mysteries? A free-lance presidential speechwriter? :wink:

Hey! Welcome aboard Jim! Im sure that you will enjoy what this board has to offer as much as I do.

Welcome to SB!! :happywave Put us in your favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

I always pick up any trash I find diving, but then - I don't do lakes. You guys have an admirable mission! Good on ya'!! :jump013:

don
:D

Welcome to the board. I am from across the bridge, Indian Orchard.

Almost went to Ft Weatherhill today but had to put on hold until next week. I am ready to get wet. Been a looooong winter!!

You're right. The winter was to long and the coldest I can remember! Feel free to im me when you're online. Or email at DiverDownJK*aol. Perhaps I can learn more from you, maybe even do a few dives. Let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom