Just saying hi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikemill

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I posted in the generic intro board but I figured I'd post here also as it is more specific to my area.

I'm trying to get back into scuba after an extended break. I did the refreshers last year and tried to get back into it but due to school and family I was only able to do a few summer dives.

I'm in Sacramento but I have no problems traveling to monterey or even inland lakes. Hope you all had a good holiday and glad I found this site.

Welcome to the board!!

Where did you get certified?

I did my open water and advanced open water classes back in 2000 when I was stationed in Okinawa. After returning school, work, and family kept me from diving plus the fact that I didn't know anyone that dove. I did the refresher course last year and got a few dives in with my brother but family got in the way again.

My plan is to do some diving in the next few months and then take the rescue diver course. I have a Honduras trip scheduled with my brother in May and definitely want to make sure I'm back to 100% by then :p

Hey Mike,

I saw your message about diving this weekend. I'd love to hook up if you end up going. I'm in Bodega Bay, and actually drove with a buddy up to Gerstle today to look at conditions. He will be camp host with his wife at Salt Point for the next three months. Maybe we could dive that area as well being you're from Sac and the North Coast is slightly closer. The conditions in Monterey are by far the nicest around, and the number of divers in the area is great.

Monterey is worth the cold :D Honduras sounds like it will be awesome, and you're so lucky to have a family member that dives! I've tried unsuccessfully to convert mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom