Just returned from Bayahibe, DR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi @Ontwreckdiver

The Dominican Republic has never been on my list of Caribbean dive locations. How would you compare the diving with other locations in the Caribbean that more of us are familiar with?

My son is attending a wedding in the Dominican Republic in August. I don't believe he is aware of the potential for diving

It isn't really like anywhere else, it has a little bit of everything. There are 2 wrecks worth diving. The St. George which is a 240 foot cargo freighter that is 144 feet to the sand. You can penetrate it all the way into the engine room. The Atlantic Princess is a penetrable 30 ft. passenger liner that is 40ft. to the sand. One of the reef dives has old canons, canon balls and muskets still on the racks from an long gone wooden schooner and another one has old canons and a huge anchor from another old 1800's wooden schooner.There isn't any big critters but on one 30 ft. reef dive I saw 5 or 6 Spotted rays, 3 or 4 eels, 4 or 5 Puffer fish, 2 or 3 Flounder, and 7 or 8 lobster. I saw 2 or 3 Sting Rays last time I dove there.
There is also a cave dive.

Just got back, dived with Jon from ScubaFun and he was a great guy for sure. The whole crew was great and really enjoyed diving with Samara and Udo and his soon to be son in law from Ultra Marine Divers.

I got some video and will post a thread when cut and edited.

Back
Top Bottom